Suggestions for 5.1 Speaker setup compatible with Denon 1912 under 20K

technobhatt

Please allow me to help one of my friend. (Because I don't have sufficient knowledge to help him.)

One of my friend lives in a small town and quite a movie buff and Home Theater enthusiastic. However he is so shy to visit internet and gather sufficient knowledge for making his own HT set-up. He asked my suggestion and I told him to take help via this forum.
He's keeping his budget at around 50K for full set-up.

He discussed few dealers and wanted to buy a future ready 7.1 AVR. He almost bought Denon 1912 from a dealer in around 40K, but I jumped in and suggested him to buy it from Amazon.de and save some cost. (As I have read lot of positive reviews on Amazon.de thread). Finally he ordered Denon 1912 from Amazon.de in around 30K, which is supposed to be delivered shortly. Hence the budget is left with 20K now.

He is looking for some decent 5.1 Speakers compatible with Denon 1912 within the budget of 20K.
All kind of speaker suggestions are welcome. However, my friend asked it would be great if there are decent Satellite speakers with a sub-woofer available in 20K. (there are some space constraints as well, hence satellite speaker suggestions would be great)

Few experts may be surprised to see the thread title (Denon AVR and speakers in only 20K !)
So, to clarify this...I'm adding some background info.
I already told my friend that as per my knowledge...that if he's buying AVR like Denon 1912, why he's looking for low cost speakers. He said...he just wanted to have the top-notch AVR..but can't spend much on speakers at the moment, due to the upcoming 6 month long construction going on in his house. I didn't ask much though !

Last edited:
If in case he is not interested in selling the avr, I would suggest Telome HT 15x speaker package. The whole package with 5 speakers and active sub-woofer costs ~20k. The speakers individually cost 2.6k each so 5 speakers should cost 13k. The rest can be used for buying a sub either from Telome or some other company. I am suggesting these speakers because they are great value for money and sound very crisp, ideal for movies and music both. I myself have Telome TS-15x which I am using for piped music, but had paired them with Denon 1911 once and they sounded excellent. But, I would still recommend selling the avr if possible. Or else, it would be like buying an alienware laptop to play solitaire :p

Thanks everybody for the valuable suggestions. I'm really glad.
@ak47: I really told my friend that there is no point in buying Denon 1912 if you have very less budget for speakers. (I learnt this...after reading lot of Denon AVR threads here)
But he was clear in his mind that ...at present he's gonna consider Denon 1912 with any 'KaamChalaau" speaker set-up and he'll upgrade it later when his house is rebuilt completely. Anyway I'll definitely take a print-out of this thread discussion and send him :)

This was really great to know about speaker set-up of JBL, Boston Acoustic and Telome ! I wasn't at all aware of names like Boston and Telome !

Please feel free to provide any more suggestions.

Last edited:
Thanks everybody for the valuable suggestions. I'm really glad.
@ak47: I really told my friend that there is no point in buying Denon 1912 if you have very less budget for speakers. (I learnt this...after reading lot of Denon AVR threads here)
But he was clear in his mind that ...at present he's gonna consider Denon 1912 with any 'KaamChalaau" speaker set-up and he'll upgrade it later when his house is rebuilt completely. Anyway I'll definitely take a print-out of this thread discussion and send him :)

This was really great to know about speaker set-up of JBL, Boston Acoustic and Telome ! I wasn't at all aware of names like Boston and Telome !

Please feel free to provide any more suggestions.

Telome is an Indian brand whereas all others you have mentioned are imports. So, Telome works out to be cheaper as compared to other international brands for similar speakers...
Point is, given the limited budget of your friend, he'll be better off buying speakers of an Indian Brand, as all other imported speakers have a premium on them in the form of import duty, customs etc.....

Point is, given the limited budget of your friend, he'll be better off buying speakers of an Indian Brand, as all other imported speakers have a premium on them in the form of import duty, customs etc.....

Lets not forget the appreciating dollar. It is a shade over 54.2 to the rupee.
The rupee is at a all time low at the moment
It will affect import prices big time:mad:

Lets not forget the appreciating dollar. It is a shade over 54.2 to the rupee.
The rupee is at a all time low at the moment
It will affect import prices big time:mad:

Rightly said mate. It is sad :sad:

Indian brands need to buck up! At least Telome on the right path. Even Norge Audio is good, although I heard it a long time back.....

At least Telome on the right path. Even Norge Audio is good, although I heard it a long time back.....

hey, how well would you rate your telome gear compared to established brands(read, popular international biggies) at same price range? hows telome's service if you got to deal with them yet?

also i dont understand how tough it is for these Indian brands to get a good website in place! just checked Telome's website. It could use lot more bling. Its same probelm with Norge website too!

hey, how well would you rate your telome gear compared to established brands(read, popular international biggies) at same price range? hows telome's service if you got to deal with them yet?

also i dont understand how tough it is for these Indian brands to get a good website in place! just checked Telome's website. It could use lot more bling. Its same probelm with Norge website too!

I have suggested Indian brand speakers since the OP's budget is too low for imported one's. You have got to agree Telome is great VFM. As far as rating it against international gear goes, can you suggest a better 5.1 solution within the same price than Telome's TS15x which costs ~13k less the sub woofer? I would agree international brands are better, but they are also expensive. And I still love my Telome speakers, even though I have international brands as well(check signature) and they sound great for piped music. Better than JBL SCS140BK which costs ~16k. And I haven't used Telome's service as yet, so won't be able to comment on that. But I haven't come across any complaint as far as service from Telome is concerned. So i guess they must be keeping their customers happy......

I would agree with you on the websites part though. They really are crappy. But the speakers sure as hell are not. You can come listen to my speakers anytime and I'm willing to bet all my reputation points(not much though :D) that you'll like it.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back