Suggestions for 65" TV

k_vijay12

Folks ,

I currently use LG Nano 55" TV, its barely 2 year old. Over weekend, I was cleaning TV display to remove kids finger prints, some droplets of colin spray have entered inside and it shortened, leading to display conking. Karma is a bitch!!! LG Technician gave an estimate of 45-50k for display replacement. Alternatively thinking of buying a new TV. This would imply i have to defer my projector plan a bit further .

Suggestions for tv brands / models welcome, Budget around 70k

If projector - I plan to buy either BenQ 3550i or Optoma UHD50. With screen and optical cable these might touch 2L roughly. At the moment, due to some personal commitments, cant buy this ... but may be after 3-4 month i can probably.

Please share your input if i can get this current LG tv fixed in a cheaper way?

Little confused as what to do..... should i wait for few months n buy projector directly or buy both TV and projector.

PS : At the moment we have 2 other TVs at home ...a 49" Sony tv and a 32" Panasonic TV

Hisense U6G maybe. Or maybe use 70k as upfront and rest in emi you could get a C1 for 1.6lakhs with that 90k paid out in 14 months consumer electronics loan. You could get a salvage for your 55 nano too.

Please share your input if i can get this current LG tv fixed in a cheaper way?
Get hold of a local electronics repair person and sort it out.
Pursue the matter with LG and ask them for a discounted repair price. Even if they bring it down to 30K, thats 40k you save over buying a new TV.

Get hold of a local electronics repair person and sort it out.
Pursue the matter with LG and ask them for a discounted repair price. Even if they bring it down to 30K, thats 40k you save over buying a new TV.
Thats not going to hold a service warranty. It could once again bust. 10k to 15k repair - go for it. Or my advice to op is U6G.

After prolonged discussion n negotiation with LG .. they hav offered to fix new panel for 30k and one year warranty. I m still not happy with this estimate.

Alternatively asked for buyback n exchange with 65" tv... Waiting for their revert. I m like if i get a new 65" for 30k incremental spend i m ok to take ... Else repair

Any other ideas/thoughts?

Finally fixed my LG tv though services of urban clap. Technician took the TV and reworked on the shorting areas using some machines. Cost 12.5k.

I would say LG service is promt but not customer friendly. They kept me hanging for 2 months to give part discount and later they revoked the discount saying they cant give discount for water damage. They asked Rs.43,211 for replacement of panel.. Rejected their offer and called urbanclap. they explained issue in much simple terms and fixed the shorting in 5 days giving a probability of 50-50

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back