Suggestions for a speaker cable

Bloom@83

Banned
Banned
Hi all

For 4 years I’ve been using DAC cables for my speakers (Elac Debut B6 ). Want to try out some other branded cables that won’t cost an arm and a leg, to see if it makes any perceptible difference in sound (hopefully for the better ).

Your suggestions please (along with current price and availability)

Thanks in advance

I had the same itch and got some audioquest and chord Cables: all within Rs.3 k per 2 metre pairs. I could perceive small differences but try as I might I could not decide which one I liked better.
I suggest that if possible borrow a cable or two from your local friendly HFV Member or Audioguru and try them out. You might end up with the itch scratched and money saved too.
good luck!

Recently I purchased Klotz LY225 speaker cable from HifiMart. It's damn good. Coming from 18 AWG wire, I could immediately feel the difference in sound quality.

I had the same itch and got some audioquest and chord Cables: all within Rs.3 k per 2 metre pairs. I could perceive small differences but try as I might I could not decide which one I liked better.
I suggest that if possible borrow a cable or two from your local friendly HFV Member or Audioguru and try them out. You might end up with the itch scratched and money saved too.
good luck!

Hey! Where did you get Chord and Audioquest cables for 3K each for 2m pairs? Are these unterminated cables?

Hey! Where did you get Chord and Audioquest cables for 3K each for 2m pairs? Are these unterminated cables?
Hi Shyam, I bought the Chord cable in London four years ago. There were several types of Chord cables. This was the cheapest one, (4 meters for £32, unterminated). Audioquest I bought from a seller in Chennai last year.

Recently I purchased Klotz LY225 speaker cable from HifiMart. It's damn good. Coming from 18 AWG wire, I could immediately feel the difference in sound quality.
Which brand was the 18 gauge wire and what was the length of cable used between your amp and speakers? I was in a similar quandry recently regarding whether the terminated 16AWG 12 feet cables which are prefitted with banana plugs are worth it or would there be disadvantages considering the gauge vis-a-vis the length...

Which brand was the 18 gauge wire and what was the length of cable used between your amp and speakers? I was in a similar quandry recently regarding whether the terminated 16AWG 12 feet cables which are prefitted with banana plugs are worth it or would there be disadvantages considering the gauge vis-a-vis the length...
Those wires didn’t have any brand mentioned. It was installed by the guys from whom I bought the HTiB setup. Then I bought Dali speakers and was using it with the same wire. Once I got some knowledge about the OFC speaker wires and gauges, I thought of changing it and the difference in sound quality was immediately noticeable, it gave good clarity and sound became more open.
My room dimension is 12*8, not a big room though. But it made me to realise that the wire quality n gauge is one of the important factor for good sound quality.

Monoprice sells a range of finished speaker cables, which are an option. ELAC also sells speaker cables, i think they are called Sensible cables.
I'd suggest the QED XT 25 or the higher versions in the series, they are good value for the money.

Hi all

For 4 years I’ve been using DAC cables for my speakers (Elac Debut B6 ). Want to try out some other branded cables that won’t cost an arm and a leg, to see if it makes any perceptible difference in sound (hopefully for the better ).

Your suggestions please (along with current price and availability)

Thanks in advance
If u still not purchased cables , then try Mr Murthy from bangalore who deal with cable & very professional adviser for any kind of cable for HT. he is best as i seen in from forum .
9972268301 contact details..

If u still not purchased cables , then try Mr Murthy from bangalore who deal with cable & very professional adviser for any kind of cable for HT. he is best as i seen in from forum .
9972268301 contact details..
Hello.
Yes I’ve done just that. Mr Murthy today couriered two power cables to me.
If I’m happy with these I’ll try out his speaker cables too.

Hello
Congratulations on your purchase. Though haven't used Mr. Murthy's cables , have heard about those from FMs. Please let us know how you feel .
Regards

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back