Need ur advice on the following

Center Speaker: JBL Control Now Link

Rear Speakers: JBL Control One Link

Subwoofer - not yet decided

Many thanks in advance

Shray

I would suggest following:
Rear: BOSE 301 series V
Sub Woofer: Jamo sub 250 (powered/active)

I am using above and very satisfied with the output.

Regards.

Shrayv, ideally the fronts and center speakers should be of the same family. This is important for timbre matching as almost 90% of what you hear during a movie comes from the front and center speakers.

You may consider putting your current speakers (if space permits) as surrounds and go for new front and centers.

What you buy would depend a lot on your budget and your room size. Could you share that info with us please?

Hi,

Need ur suggestion for center & surround speakers and subwoofer

Amp : Yamaha RX-V520

Minimum RMS Output Power per Channel

MAIN, 1kHz, 0.07% THD, 8 ohms - 100W + 100W
CENTER, 1kHz, 0.07% THD, 8 ohms - 100W
REAR, 1kHz, 0.07% THD, 8 ohms - 100W + 100W

Dynamic Power per Channel

MAIN, 8/6/4/2 ohms.....105/125/145/165W

Front Speakers:

Brand: Polyway (never heard of it)
Specs:
Frequency Response: 30hz - 22000hz
Sensitivity: 94dB
Impedance: 8 ohm
Recommended 20 - 150 w
Crossover - 24dB

Need ur advice on the following

Center Speaker: JBL Control Now Link

Rear Speakers: JBL Control One Link

Subwoofer - not yet decided

Many thanks in advance

Shray

====================================================

centers - Control Now - i have em for 2 years now - nice , compact , great design and good for small to medium size rooms.

rears - control ones - i have these to since 2 years - good package at a cute price..

mpw

@corelement and @soulforged

The budget is about 20k for rear and center speakers and 15 - 20k for the subwoofer.

The HT is installed in the hall and is the size of 2 rooms. Will get back with the dimensions later.

I have a few queries:
1) What does sensitivity actually imply?
2) What would happen if the sensitivity of the rears or center are different from the front speaker? (My floor standers are rated at 94dB sensitivity)
3) I'm also looking for a sub? Took a look at polk audio. Also auditioned the Mordaunt Short Avant 309i a year back. Really liked the woofer. But did not buy it since the room is quite big and the amp only supports 100w/channel

Thanks for ur advice.

Shray

technoholik, Stop spamming!

The OP is looking for passive speakers for his avr, and you are plugging all sorts of mediocre active speakers.

Hi Shray,
If you are not very specific on brands, you can check out the speakers from Craftel. Last week went to their office with a friend for a demo. Mr.Mark has some really good speakers, more bang for the buck I would say. Specifically I was impressed with the surrounds and his subwoofer. The rear surrounds were called "Cinema Surrounds"(looked like miniatures of the ones we see in theaters) and the subwoofer was one with a 12" driver from Denmark and a toroidal transformer. They will cost you around 7.5K and 14.5K respectively. He also had a center channel speaker with special drivers, costs about 12K, didn't listen to that due to lack of time, but they must be special as he normally sells his center channels at around 3.5K :). He creates his speakers with Yamaha amps in mind, so thought it might suit you.

Regards
Rajeswaran K

The rooms size is 600 sqft. Had a floor stander of the same build and used it as the center speaker. Also changed the setting on my receiver to "DTS Normal". This is the first time i used the center channel in my HT.

Played Avatar and Inception Blu-ray on my PS3. There is a huge difference in the effect.

looking for a subwoofer that suits the size of the room.

Also planning to visit ProFx @ Spencer's, Chennai to demo the polk subwoofers

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back