Suggestions for complete stereo setup under 60K

My problem is that the system will be used by my parents and they dont want any app-based controls. Else WXA-50 would have been a no-brainer. Also, they dont want streaming.. only local playback from USB (primary device), then Bluetooth and occational CD playback.
In that case the Marantz will be ideal.

Only callout - not easy to navigate a complex folder structure, for parents generation.
Maybe keep all the music files in root folder, or have a very simple folder structure.

You’d know their situation better, but it’s usually more difficult to read the display from a typical hearing distance of 7-8 ft. You have to get up and go closer to read. If they use smartphone/tablet, it could be easier to read (and operate) off the app once they get used to it in a couple of days.

Good point! I will explain this.

If I were to choose, I’d go with the Yamaha WXA 50 (Ticks all the right boxes) and for speakers I’d go with IndiqAudio Platinum Mishra or if I can stretch my Budget I’d go with the Gold Achal Towers and especially the towers are highly sensitive and efficient and does not need a powerful amplifier to drive them and has a good tonal characteristics too.

Towers are not an option. Very small room. I think towers will be an overkill and no space for them too! Will check out IndiqAudio Platinum Mishra.

I had listened to the Marantz M-CR612 coupled with XTZ 95.44 and the combination sounded very musical. I would suggest the M-CR612 and for speakers you can audition, read on user feedbacks/reviews if audition is not possible and choose betewen Indiq Platinum/Gold BS series, Castle Knight 2 , Qacoustics 3030i/Concept 20 & Elac BS Debut 5.2/6.2.

Have listened to QAcoustics and ELAC lineup , I prefer the QAcoustics on aesthetic front, sound wise also it seems much more detailed with a good soundstange wheras i felt the ELAC bass to interfere in the vocal presentation when I had demoed the same.

Are you planning to keep the BS on stands or TV unit??

Actually.. there is a flat surface area (with granite) in front of the windows. Unfortunately thats the only space i got at my parents place where i can place it safely. All the other areas, mine and my brothers kids will take "good-care" of the speakers :).

Are they audiophiles like us? If not, and they primarily want to enjoy music, why not a single box solution like Bose Soundtouch 30? Would be lot more convenient. There are also options from other brands such as Marshall, Klipsch etc in that price range.
This is a good option too.

Actually.. there is a flat surface area (with granite) in front of the windows. Unfortunately thats the only space i got at my parents place where i can place it safely. All the other areas, mine and my brothers kids will take "good-care" of the speakers :).
You may also look at Norge Concerto Gold + Platinum or Gold Mishra or Elac B6.2 or QAcoustics 3030i + Signature Acoustics BT Receiver. It will be a simple HiFi with good sound.
I think this should cost you lesser than your planned budget and will be a good set up too. According to me this should not cost you more than 47k.

Are they audiophiles like us? If not, and they primarily want to enjoy music, why not a single box solution like Bose Soundtouch 30? Would be lot more convenient. There are also options from other brands such as Marshall, Klipsch etc in that price range.

Not really audiophiles.. They both love music. Yes. Single box solution would be the best solution for them. But i have not really listened to such setups and dont know how that will sound. Is there any such solution that plays music from USB drives along with bluetooth??

Not really audiophiles.. They both love music. Yes. Single box solution would be the best solution for them. But i have not really listened to such setups and dont know how that will sound. Is there any such solution that plays music from USB drives along with bluetooth??

Difficult to find a good quality bluetooth speaker which also plays from usb drives.

Some options :

1. Buy an Amazon Alexa, along with a Amazon Prime subscrition. Sound quality is decent. Prime music library is also pretty good. Simplest to use. Just ask Alexa to play what music you want.

2. Buy a good Bluetooth speaker. Many options - Marshall, Bose, etc., and buy an inexpensive phone or tablet. Load it up with all the music you want, and put it on a stand next to the speaker.

If you have WiFi at the home, contact Allo and see if you can get Boss DAC/Player and Volt+ or Volt+D co-located in a single enclosure.
It will support USB drives and BT (with a dongle, I think). Outlay for both will be under 20K.
Even without single enclosure, they are quite tiny to place around.
Add whichever speakers will suit the room. Small BS speakers are available within 20K (new and used).
One needs to learn how to navigate via a smartphone and its quite easy actually.

Edit:
There is also the miniBoss Player Plus. Small unit, but no USB, I think only streamer.

Cheers,
Raghu

Last edited:
Friends,

After a lot of thought and discussions, felt like my parents needed a simple and convenient system with multiple input options (Network streaming is not important).

Ordered Marantz M-CR412 along with Fyne audio F301 bookshelves from Hifimart. Will post pictures and listening impressions once i get that.

Thank you all!

Friends,

After a lot of thought and discussions, felt like my parents needed a simple and convenient system with multiple input options (Network streaming is not important).

Ordered Marantz M-CR412 along with Fyne audio F301 bookshelves from Hifimart. Will post pictures and listening impressions once i get that.

Thank you all!
Congratulations. It’s a Good buy. Enzoy

Back