Suggestions for DAC External power supply

Mayank Shah

My Rme DAC has a 12V, 2 A wall wart switching power supply. Any suggestions for a readymade or a DIY power supply which would be a definitive upgrade over the stock power supply? Thanks.

Ifi audio makes power supplies, supposed to be low noise but switch mode. DIY the omishra board could be used for 12v from what I remember. Don't know if still available though

My Rme DAC has a 12V, 2 A wall wart switching power supply. Any suggestions for a readymade or a DIY power supply which would be a definitive upgrade over the stock power supply? Thanks.
A router UPS would be useful. it has battery inside it which gets charged. it is size of a laptop battery.

i use it for my 12v dac.

A decent linear power supply from aliexpress should do the job.
It's pretty hard to tell its going to be decent till you get it unfortunately. The last one I ordered wouldn't even deliver half the rated current

These days shipping costs/duties make it unviable anyway

Tell you what I was wondering the exact same thing, especially since I just received my RME on Monday!

I got a few quotes from here and there off IndiaMART. The least expensive ones start at 12k + Gst. Someone said that you generally can't better a German design, which kind of makes sense. Will go the DIY route just to curb the itch so to speak. Thanks to all. Mods please close this thread.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back