• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Suggestions for Upgrade from Denon 1909 & Definitive Speakers

Wharfedale EVO 4.1 4.2 Speakers

saprajs@gmail.com

Hi ,
I am currently having this setup . I am planning to change AMP and Subwoofer as the AMP is old model and Sub is having Hum noise when connected with just power outlet

Please advise the best upgrade with a budget of 1 - 1.5 Lakhs INR for Amp and Sub.

Current Setup :

Denon 1909 Amp - Seems to be working fine but I am thinking upgrading to AVR-1100w or any new models.

Definitive Speakers Pro cinema 1000 Sub - Humming Sound , Seems to be gone

Definitive Speakers 5.1 Setup - Seems to be working well

I am only planning for the new Amp and new Sub.

Advance thanks for all the Experts who is going to help me out :)

Best Regards,
Raj

saprajs@gmail.com

Appreciate any further suggestions as i have asked my Grey market guy to source the AVR and spoken with HT Store Bangalore for Sub. Having a weeks time to decide this finally.

SVS PB1000, he is quoting @ INR 43,000 and ready to take my Denon 1909 as exchange.
He is even quoting AVR-1100W @ 44,000 ( That is the reason I am going in grey market route for AVR )

shuv

The 4100W would be an upgrade. But, with that kind of a budget, why don't you look at separates? Or, get a basic AVR which has preouts and all features you want. Add power amplifiers later on.

shuv

Hello Raj! In your shoes, I would look at say a Marantz 5009 and a three channel power amp for the LCR channels. Or L+R at the very least. It really does make a difference.

As for power amplifiers, Emotivas are quite well known. Avenue Sound, Mumbai can get those for you.

Right now, I use my stereo power amplifier to power the L+R in my setup. A beefy integrated could also be used. Let the AVR power the center and the surrounds.