Suggestions Needed : Marantz PM6005 / 6006 with Polk R600 ?

slash1814

Hi There,
Marantz PM6005 / PM6006 (owned), 45 watt rms per channel, Can I get the best out of Polk R600 (vague spec by polk, says 20 to 200 Watts amp recommended) ?
Room size : 16 X 26 feet., listening distance 12 feet. I am open for Polk R200 (as a last resort).

Own Polk RTi A1, not producing bass as they did in 12 X 18 room.

~Cheers

I have been using marantz pm 6005 for some years with wharefedal diamond speakers. I don't feel the need of any sub and I am happy with this marantz wharefedal combo. Though I have never used , i heard that Qacoustic also goes well with marantz pm 6005.

Hi There,
Marantz PM6005 / PM6006 (owned), 45 watt rms per channel, Can I get the best out of Polk R600 (vague spec by polk, says 20 to 200 Watts amp recommended) ?
Room size : 16 X 26 feet., listening distance 12 feet. I am open for Polk R200 (as a last resort).

Own Polk RTi A1, not producing bass as they did in 12 X 18 room.

~Cheers
The PM6006 has pretty strong bass and while you may not get scintillating dynamics or the best refinement and detail retrieval, it will drive the Polk R600 without any issue. For your room however, I'd go with the R700 if the price differential between the two isn't much.

How can I get this with same amp? ☝️...:)
by changing out the internal components.

or, you can invest in a better DAC and a dedicated streamer.

But honestly, these funds are better allocated towards a better amp - something like the Roksan K3. The Audiolab 7000a also looks promising as an All-in-one which would negate the need for a dedicated streamer and DAC.

but we are jumping the gun. Get the new speakers and then decide whether you feel the need for more of anything.

You havent mentioned your budget.

The next step up from the Marantz 6006 is the PM8006 which is powerful enough to drive almost any speakers.
Currently available at a great price.

The 7000 series is now an amp + strreamer => The Marantz PM7000N which is also super.

See which fits your budget.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back