Very Urgent suggestion needed !!!

DrTS

Hi,
I have a 15x10 Ft. home theater room made with a projector mainly for movies. I had finalised on the following with my dealer :

AVR- Denon x1600H (quoted 50k)
Speakers - Taga harmony 606 SE
Sub- Polk/Taga sub 10 inch (yet to decide)

Now this was done in december for which he told stock will be available in a week. That week became a month and now he is offering me -

AVR S750h or x1600 at increased price of 58k.

Taga Harmony 607 5.0 instead of 606SE for same price.

My questions are :
1. Is Taga 607 better than 606SE coz I am a spec noob here and all I can see is total power is reduced, so is freq response in 607.

Taga 607
Floorstanding, 3-way
4 drivers
TLIE-I enclosure
Crossover points: 550Hz, 3kHz

Center, 2-way, 3 drivers
TLIE-I enclosure
Crossover points: 4.5kHz

Surround, 2-way, 2 drivers
TLIE-I enclosure
Power handling

20 - 120W (recommended amplifier power)
90W RMS

20 - 100W (recommended amplifier power)
50W RMS

50W RMS
Frequency Response40Hz - 25kHz55Hz - 25kHz55Hz - 25kHz
Bassreflex

Front single

-

-
Impedance
6ohm

6ohm

6ohm
Sensitivity

91dB

88dB

86dB
High-frequency driver25 mm (1”), TWG25 mm (1”), TWG25 mm (1”), TWG
Bass-Midrange driver
165 mm (6.5") [midrange driver]

TAGA 606 SE
Taga TAV-606F SETaga TAV-606S SETaga TAV-606C SE
Design
Floorstanding
3-way, 4 drivers, Bi-wiring, 12mm MDF enclosure Crossover points 650Hz, 4.5kHz

Surround
2-way, 2 drivers, Wall mounts, 9mm MDF enclosure
Crossover points 4.5kHz

Center
2-way, 3 drivers, Wall mounts , 9mm MDF enclosure
Crossover points 4.5kHz
High-Frequency Drive
25mm (1"), TWG faceplate

25mm (1"), TWG faceplate

25mm (1"), , TWG faceplate
Bass / Midrange Driver
2 x 165mm (6.5")

133mm (5.25")

102mm (4")

2 x 102mm (4")
Recommended Amplifier Power20-150 Watts20-100 Watts20-100 Watts
Frequency Response
36Hz-25KHz
52Hz-25KHz52Hz-25KHz
Impedance6 ohm6 ohm6 ohm
Sensitivity91 dB88 dB88 dB

2. Also with so much increased prices of AVR, I am thinking of going for Denon X550BT and save money and get a better sub.

"Also with so much increased prices of AVR, I am thinking of going for Denon X550BT and save money and get a better sub."

I think for beginners this should do.

Hi,
I have a 15x10 Ft. home theater room made with a projector mainly for movies. I had finalised on the following with my dealer :

AVR- Denon x1600H (quoted 50k)
Speakers - Taga harmony 606 SE
Sub- Polk/Taga sub 10 inch (yet to decide)

Now this was done in december for which he told stock will be available in a week. That week became a month and now he is offering me -

AVR S750h or x1600 at increased price of 58k.

Taga Harmony 607 5.0 instead of 606SE for same price.

My questions are :
1. Is Taga 607 better than 606SE coz I am a spec noob here and all I can see is total power is reduced, so is freq response in 607.

Taga 607
Floorstanding, 3-way
4 drivers
TLIE-I enclosure
Crossover points: 550Hz, 3kHz

Center, 2-way, 3 drivers
TLIE-I enclosure

Surround, 2-way, 2 drivers
TLIE-I enclosure
Power handling

20 - 120W (recommended amplifier power)
90W RMS

50W RMS

50W RMS
Frequency Response40Hz - 25kHz55Hz - 25kHz55Hz - 25kHz
Bassreflex

Front single

-

-
Impedance
6ohm

6ohm

6ohm
Sensitivity

91dB

88dB

86dB
High-frequency driver25 mm (1”), TWG25 mm (1”), TWG25 mm (1”), TWG
Bass-Midrange driver
165 mm (6.5") [midrange driver]

TAGA 606 SE
Taga TAV-606F SETaga TAV-606S SETaga TAV-606C SE
Design
Floorstanding
3-way, 4 drivers, Bi-wiring, 12mm MDF enclosure Crossover points 650Hz, 4.5kHz

Surround
2-way, 2 drivers, Wall mounts, 9mm MDF enclosure
Crossover points 4.5kHz

Center
2-way, 3 drivers, Wall mounts , 9mm MDF enclosure
Crossover points 4.5kHz
High-Frequency Drive
25mm (1"), TWG faceplate

25mm (1"), TWG faceplate

25mm (1"), , TWG faceplate
Bass / Midrange Driver
2 x 165mm (6.5")

133mm (5.25")

102mm (4")

2 x 102mm (4")
Recommended Amplifier Power20-150 Watts20-100 Watts20-100 Watts
Frequency Response
36Hz-25KHz
52Hz-25KHz52Hz-25KHz
Impedance6 ohm6 ohm6 ohm
Sensitivity91 dB88 dB88 dB

2. Also with so much increased prices of AVR, I am thinking of going for Denon X550BT and save money and get a better sub.
1. Taga 606 SE front speakers seem to go little lower in the bass response otherwise both the models specs wise seem very similar to me. (can see crossovers being different, not sure how it would impact the sound). Honestly I dont think you will go wrong with either for movies. How much is the total cost coming to for the speakers ? If you are willing to go seperate (Fronts, Center and Surrounds) and have allocated a budget we can suggest few alternatives to look at

2. AVR stocks are low for older models and dealers are taking advantage of the price difference between newer model vs older ones. I would suggest not to go with a X550BT as it would not be sufficient to power the Taga's from my knowledge and their room eq software also is not good. See if you can get a 2nd hand AVR temporarily (Yamaha RX-V485/Marantz NR1509 should be good to search for)

My friends 20 year old Nakamichi 5.1 receiver recently stopped working. After a lot of discussions, he finally settled for the Denon 1500H for 58000. Looking at your offer, I now think he could have got a better price. But nonetheless, I thought that the 1500 was quite a good receiver for the price. My friend is very happy.
He was also looking at the X550BT, but I told him that he will not be happy with it coming from the Nakamichi.

"Also with so much increased prices of AVR, I am thinking of going for Denon X550BT and save money and get a better sub."

I think for beginners this should do.
Hi,
Thanks for the reply. Yes, whatever information I could gather from internet said that speakers are more important than AVR. But couldn’t gather info about the speakers and AVR models specific to my case. So, thats why the post here.

1. Taga 606 SE front speakers seem to go little lower in the bass response otherwise both the models specs wise seem very similar to me. (can see crossovers being different, not sure how it would impact the sound). Honestly I dont think you will go wrong with either for movies. How much is the total cost coming to for the speakers ? If you are willing to go seperate (Fronts, Center and Surrounds) and have allocated a budget we can suggest few alternatives to look at

2. AVR stocks are low for older models and dealers are taking advantage of the price difference between newer model vs older ones. I would suggest not to go with a X550BT as it would not be sufficient to power the Taga's from my knowledge and their room eq software also is not good. See if you can get a 2nd hand AVR temporarily (Yamaha RX-V485/Marantz NR1509 should be good to search for)
Hey. Thanks for the reply.
The budget is a little tight. My quotes are 37k for the Taga and 33k for Polk HTS 10. I am open to other options too but at this budget couldnt find too many.

And yes, AVR stocks are low everywhere thats why these guys are marking prices up. But I dont see the prices going down anytime soon. Also every dealer in my city is giving similar prices. So if x550BT could power the Taga then i’ll switch to that because the dealer was giving me x550BT at first, it was me who wanted to upgrade.

My friends 20 year old Nakamichi 5.1 receiver recently stopped working. After a lot of discussions, he finally settled for the Denon 1500H for 58000. Looking at your offer, I now think he could have got a better price. But nonetheless, I thought that the 1500 was quite a good receiver for the price. My friend is very happy.
He was also looking at the X550BT, but I told him that he will not be happy with it coming from the Nakamichi.
Hey. The prices are crazy. The difference between x1600 H and x2600 is in 4 digits. And between x550 and x1600 is more than 20k. Made me even more confused to go for x2600H, though I think it would be an overkill here.

Sound quality/quantity wise, I feel that the 1600 would more that meet your needs in your room. Another additional 10 watts will not make much difference. I don't know what additional features the 2600 brings over the 1600 as we did not consider it.

Please wait for some time and get denon x1600 or higher model... Don't go for x 550 bt .
50k for denon x1600 is way too high. u can get x2400 in hi-fi mart for that price

Is Taga 607 better than 606SE
607 is new generation model and better IMHO.

I am thinking of going for Denon X550BT
Why you want to go for basic Avr when your initial budget was 50k for Avr?
Dont compare X1600 with X550 by just power output ratting.
X1600 comes with many features, options, setting and control which X550 lacks.
And biggest point is Atmos support.

Few days back i got X250 + taga 506 both are entry level and work well together atleast for me.
I chose above combo due to many reasons like low budget, smaller room size, no space for Atmos speakers etc.

Stay calm and don't buy anything in haste.
Think again what are your requirements and what is your max budget for the same?

You can build your home theater in stages if you don't want to spend too much initially.

Hey. Thanks for the reply.
The budget is a little tight. My quotes are 37k for the Taga and 33k for Polk HTS 10. I am open to other options too but at this budget couldnt find too many.

And yes, AVR stocks are low everywhere thats why these guys are marking prices up. But I dont see the prices going down anytime soon. Also every dealer in my city is giving similar prices. So if x550BT could power the Taga then i’ll switch to that because the dealer was giving me x550BT at first, it was me who wanted to upgrade.

Don't skimp on the AVR , x1400h/1600h are frankly considered as the minimum entry level avr from denon for HT systems. Have a look at yamaha launches too (v4a/v6a) if they fit your requirements.

Again buying a 10 inch sub won't benefit you much as your speakers go upto 36hz , you will need to get a sub which goes 25--30hz effectively to be of use. Collect a good amount of money and buy a sub in future

If you can, look out for the Denon x1400h. Not too much different from x1600h but sufficient for your room size. Can be had at approximately 40-45k.
Also, I would suggest going with a better 3.1 setup initially if floor standers are not really a necessity for you.

If you can, look out for the Denon x1400h. Not too much different from x1600h but sufficient for your room size. Can be had at approximately 40-45k.
Also, I would suggest going with a better 3.1 setup initially if floor standers are not really a necessity for you.
+1
go for X1400 if you can get it for arround 40k.

Your priority should be getting better BS speakers specially front and center speaker, don't run after floor speakers because your priority is movies.

Getting a sub which can go below 30hz also very important don't compromise.

see crossovers being different, not sure how it would impact the sound).
Probably TAV607 will sound open and detailed due to lower crossover point (3k) than 606. Since low end is around 40hz, deep bass can be less. 606 mid bass did not sound punchy to me. Try to get demo.

Thanks everyone for the inputs. The problem is that this HT project of mine is sort of an unasked expense and I dont think the I can increase the budget in near future. My budget is 1.4L for 5.1+reciever+screen. And due to covid, this thing is atleast 8 months delayed. And the prices have only increased in this time and I dont think these are coming down anytime soon.

Regarding the x1400, I have searched everywhere but I am not even getting x1600H except at one place, leave aside older model like x1400. Even Yamaha recievers I couldnt find in stock.

But I can definitely wait and add a better sub later on. So I think that part is more clear now, will go for something that goes low to 25Hz.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back