Suggestions on upgrading from Dali Oberon 5

How much space do the Wharefdale Lintons need?
Do you know where in dlehi they can be audititoned?
I had taken a demo in Mumbai.

Houses in Mumbai and comparatively compact.

You will need 20 inch on either side to horizontally place it and than a minimum depth of around 1 feet (plus 1 feet which the speakers width)

For best effect, sound wise minimum you will need 16x12 room.

They sound fantastic even in smaller rooms with tight base, if powered well and with a right Amplifier.

Since you liked Dali, did you try auditioning Dali Opticon6 series? As one of the previous member suggested, you can try auditioning Indiq Achals and their siblings as well, if possible. Best wishes.
for my listening space, Opticon 6 would be an overkill. I dont think Indiq Achals can be auditioned in Mumbai.

Have you checked Monitor audio silver series. A audition is must before you finalize. It is good match for rega.
You mentioned upgrade. So what do you mean by that. Are you looking for more clarity, deep bass,soundstage, resolution or musicality.
What i learnt hard way is resolution does not mean good music, it means transparent speaker.

Please remember, With big glass doors and glass frame photos and objects in your room, you are not going to get your dream sound. Dali is one of the very forgiving speaker and that is the reason it is musical.

Each speaker will have their own nature and how it behave in your system chain.

for my listening space, Opticon 6 would be an overkill. I dont think Indiq Achals can be auditioned in Mumbai.
Opticon 6 is not overkill, I am using it in much smaller space than yours, and it is perfectly tuned. You are the judge, just sharing my 2 cents here. For Achals, you can check with Amit, he can guide you. I think few from Mumbai have experienced his product.

Have you checked Monitor audio silver series. A audition is must before you finalize. It is good match for rega.
You mentioned upgrade. So what do you mean by that. Are you looking for more clarity, deep bass,soundstage, resolution or musicality.
What i learnt hard way is resolution does not mean good music, it means transparent speaker.

Please remember, With big glass doors and glass frame photos and objects in your room, you are not going to get your dream sound. Dali is one of the very forgiving speaker and that is the reason it is musical.

I do agree on your observations regarding my less than perfect room.

That is one of the reason, with my new tube amp, Dali sounds more musical (organic, forgiving and less detailed).

In the last 3 months, I took audition of a lot of speakers, some at my place and some under controlled/treated room. I realised that Dali Oberon 5 is a master class at it's price and size. Some other speakers can give better bass, better resolution and/or clarity. However, they will demand impeccable source materials and will require a change in my chain, room and other components to extract the best out of them.

Opticon 6 is not overkill, I am using it in much smaller space than yours, and it is perfectly tuned. You are the judge, just sharing my 2 cents here. For Achals, you can check with Amit, he can guide you. I think few from Mumbai have experienced his product.

Opticon, I will be taking a auditon soon.

To add to my earlier post, I have however noticed that sealed boxes, fared better in my room, almost always. So room accoustic is a huge factor, which most of the time is something we don't care/difficult to change/involes too much hits and misses without proper scientific advise.

Wharfedale releasing new upgrade from Denton that is wharfedale super denton,its 3 way design. Try to demo if possible and check

Wharfedale releasing new upgrade from Denton that is wharfedale super denton,its 3 way design. Try to demo if possible and check

I already demoed it. Beautiful vocals. Beautiful design, fit and finish. It's available for demo at hifimart Bombay listening room.

I already demoed it. Beautiful vocals. Beautiful design, fit and finish. It's available for demo at hifimart Bombay listening room.
Comparing to Lintons, you feel Dentons were sounding better? Curios to know which speaker you would end up with!

Can you pls let us know how the Super Dentons sounded in comparison to the Oberon5 and which amplifier was used. I guess they may need a subwoofer. Thank you.

Comparing to Lintons, you feel Dentons were sounding better? Curios to know which speaker you would end up with!
Lintons are very large for my listening room.

IMO, and from my memory, lintons sounded slightly warmer, denser and digged lower than Super Dentons.

Super Dentons (fed through the same amplifier in which I had tested Lintons i.e. the Audio Lab 7000 Amplifier and CDT) had a slightly more nuanced sound, very very expansive and sounded a touch lighter. They were not burned in, but I would reasonably assume that they lacked the low end grunt of Lintons. But midrange and up, there had better clarity.

Can you pls let us know how the Super Dentons sounded in comparison to the Oberon5 and which amplifier was used. I guess they may need a subwoofer. Thank you.

In my brief listening experience, I don't think they 'need a subwoofer'.

They held their own and produced decent bass. But, the bass was not deep as many similarly priced Floor Standers.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back