Suggestions to buy new Tv

silkograph

Hello, I am a new joiner to this forum.
Recently, I was going through many threads regarding buying a new TV on this forum. I liked this forum posts so I decided to join myself.

I am bit confused about plasmas. This will be my first non-crt tv.
LEDs have better quality but I am biased towards plasma just size vs price ratio is very attractive. I have decided to buy Samsung brand of some 2012 model but not sure which should I buy. My budget is ~60k.

Can some one throw some light on quality factor between 40 LED and 51 Plasma. My room size is 10 X 15 ft.

PS : Today I saw LED 40EH5000 and Plasma 51E530 in Pune Samsung showroom. Brightness of plasma is much less than LED and that is first impression. I want need comment from users of Plasmas and LEDs

his is a complicated topic: when choosing between LCD and plasma TVs, you're actually selecting between two competing technologies, both of which achieve similar features (i.e., bright, crystal-clear images, super color saturated pictures) and come in similar packages (i.e., 3.5 to 5 inch depth flat screen casing). To complicate the decision-making process further, price and size are two previous considerations that are rapidly becoming non-issues as LCDs are now being made in larger sizes and at competing prices with plasma TVs.

Despite all these similarities, these technologies differ in how they process and display incoming video/computer signals.

As the advantages show, plasma technology has the better picture quality in normal to low room lighting conditions and are better in 4 out of 5 picture quality categories. Plasma technology will almost without exception triumph during night time viewing. LCD televisions are great for sunroom/breakfast room type environments. Also, LCD monitors are generally better for public display such as airport signage and retail store signage due to the bright room light environment.

While the "response time" of LCD TVs has markedly improved in the last couple of years, especially with the advent of 120/240Hz displays they still suffer from a motion blur effect, where the individual pixels are just slightly out of step with the image on the screen. The high refrash rate LCD televisions can also have some undesireable effects on the picture. During fast moving sports scenes, the most discerning eyes can detect this slight motion response lag.

Both LCD and Plasma televisions are becoming more readily available in larger sizes though plasma still leads the size battle by a great margin. Pioneer and LG produce 61" plasma sizes while Panasonic has a readily available 65" model.

Even though production costs and retail prices have come down for both technologies, plasma still has the edge as far as production cost and capacity go.

PLASMA is still kings and in no way is inferior to LED/LCD. On the contrary it is the other way round. Please remember always to dim the lights in the store when you demo any Plasma tv. Bright light is an overkill for plasma. Here are some of the plasma tv's you can look at:

40-50k Samsung 42D490.

50-60k Panasonic 42GT20 (Much more value @55k than D490 with FHD/Infinite black)

60-70k Panasonic 50V20 without a doubt. If 3D is necessary, ideally you should move to the next bracket, if you are pressed on funds, only then get the Samsung 51D550.

70-80k Panasonic VT20. VT20 can be considered as V20 with the ST30's infinite black pro filter. This TV will have all the pluses of both V20 and ST30. Additionally it is 3D and comes with 2 pairs of glasses. Well worth the money above the V20.

Panasonic and Samsung make the best plasma tv's, you can't go wrong with either of them. Panasonic is great if you can get the neo pdp panel, Samsung works well with entry level budget plasmas. Demo both and finally go for the ones that your eyes like.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back