Suggestions to Set up stereo system for 1 lakh.

When enquired about Rega Brio with dealer they told me that there are 2 models old and new Rega Brio the difference is only headphone jack. If old
is cheaper then I can go for older one?

Actually reviewers, apart from the headphone jack have found some subtle differences in the way the new Brio and older Brio-R sound, but I think buying the old one (at the current discount) is a very good buy. I have myself gone for it.

I need to set up stereo system for living room of 15 x 12 feet and my budget is 1 lakh, I have posted few threads before some suggested marantz, cambridge and nad and when comes to speakers few suggested Elac, Wharfedale, Dali. My interest to have floor standing big speakers with good bass, I listen to both western and old regional songs.
I have gone through few Integrated amplifiers
1) Marantz PM7005 : I like this because, Made in Japan, Good review but draw back is no retail dealer in Bangalore and no sub woofer out ( But available in Hi-fi mart, My conern is service and etc..)
2) Cambridge cxa60: Good, but no good reviews and low build quality.
3) Nad c338 : No idea on this.

Coming to speakers I have gone through following
1) dynaudio but very expensive,
2) 2nd one I looked into is Wharfedale Diamond 230 [ Good and suits to by budget but not aware of quality and sound, Since these are not available in Bangalore
I have no change for demo ]
3) KEF C7 [ Is looking good but no review any where ]
4) KEF Q series very expensive

Hello,

First be clear on the bass aspect. If you want a thumping bass like a car subwoofer none of these amps or speakers will do that for you.
High end audio is about delivering the bass when it is called for. There is nothing wrong in wanting more bass but don't spend your money on these amps because you won't get the thump from them with floorstanders. The amps will run out of power and these speakers are not designed to punch hard. The Rega is an audiophile amp. Very nice sounding but it has very low power irrespective of the rating. It needs the correct matching speaker etc which is a different topic altogether. So be careful. From what you are mentioning it sounds like you want a good 2.1 system with a set of decent bookshelfs and a sub.

Don't get me wrong but have a look at some of the computer audio speakers as well. They are designed to give you a decent thump. The downside is they won't get very loud. Even a Bose AM5 with a decently powered 2 channel amp like a NAD will give you a very good thump. Marantz and Cambridge maybe too light sounding for the AM5. Even a small bookshelf like Wharfedale + Marantz/ NAD + a good sub (REL Zero?), PSB, JBL will give you a good punch.

Even if the amp doesn't have a sub out you can use the pre out from the amp with a sub as most subs have a crossover setting.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back