Suggestions wanted for LED TV

Agreed kix. In fact, I have already stated in some other threads, my old HD ready set is doing a great job in displaying SD content so far and even full HD from BDP & Tatasky, is brilliant. Only reason for going full HD in a bigger panel is that world is shifting to full HD in a much faster rate than before.

INITIAL IMPRESSIONS:

I'm currently running with my own settings with everything - backlight, brightness, contrast, colour etc set to 50%. That's because of two reasons -- I don't like abnormally saturated colours, and I believe that a high brightness will reduce the lifespan of the set which I want to last 10 years.
My initial impressions:
I'm a bit disappointed -- the brightness and black levels are definitely lacking. However, the colours seem true to life. I haven't made a side-by-side comparison with last year's EX650.
What made me choose this over EX650 is this: (my reply to a private question)
(1) If you buy EX650 you'll probably get showroom sets that have been lying unsold and on display for a long time. The dealer will probably fool you saying that they'll send a fresh piece from the godown, but as soon as you turn your back they'll take down the old used set, put tape on the carton and send it to your home. Unless you're very careful, it'll be hard to avoid this. In my case, too, the showroom set was sent -- but in any case as I explained in my post, it had arrived in the showroom the day before so it's OK. 2013 models have less likelihood of being used.

(2) I didn't have great expectations about sound from any LCD TV set, thin as they are. The sound is OK by LCD TV standards.

(3) One more important point is that Sony now supports .mkv. I've tested this. However, not all formats are fully supported -- on some, there's no sound. .mkv is OK, however.

(4) I'm still in the process of fully evaluating the picture. One thing definitely is true -- pictures in the 2012 HX series were definitely better. But then they were / are much more expensive, I couldn't have afforded them. HD pictures are enjoyable to watch but SD pictures look horrible. That's not a fault of this set, however -- on a large screen LCD of any make, SD pictures would be a disappointment.

(5) The appearance is great.

(6) I think buyers can compare 2013 Samsung sets with this (in a comparable price range) before coming to a decision. Mind you, I'm NOT making a recommendation one way or the other, picture tastes vary from person to person. Some like vivid picture, some like natural looking pictures. I guess I'll have to watch more TV to come to a conclusion.

However, my TV viewing has definitely increased a lot. I don't know if that tells you something :)

dear all.. thanks for all ur inputs.. am in big time confusion.. please conclude my research..
1. Samsung 40EH5000
or
2. Sony 40EX430
or any other preferred model by you guys ?

been doing lot of research but could not conclude.. am n gulf, and am getting both are in cheap prices. (Sammy 40EH5000 - 28675 Rs and Sony 40EX430 - 32250 Rs). i am scared with the playable format in sony. other than sony looking owsome to me.
and also am not that tech savyv to use the tv enough, am not aware of the picture quality too. so pls conclude me with your valuable reasons and suggestions for the money am going to pay.. need ur help guys.
basically tv is to watch cable tv channels for my parents. and sometimes, i ll play animated 1080p movies n tv, den good audio ll be enough. so as of now another concern is we are getting local cable tv set top box, so, watever the tv am gong to buy should deliver good video/PQ. so pls guys, conclude it for me.
awaiting your valuable reponses. kindly. thanks again, sharfudeen.

One post is enough. Posting same thing over multiple threads is trolling. Thank you for understanding.

Which is the best 32 Led TV I can purchase ? My budget is 25k maximum. Please suggest.
Thanks in advance

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back