Suggestive Pre Amplifier for Quad 606

S. Basu

Hiii,

Friends, I need your help, Right now I am using Quad Power Amplifier 606 with SYS Passive Pre Amplifier. But performance not as good as i expected. My set up is speaker Focal Chorus 706 BS, CD player Marantz CD 5005, DAC Maverick Tube Magic.

Please suggest me what will be the best pre amp for Quad 606.

I am using quad 306 with Cambridge audio C500 pre in bi-amp configuration and it sounds good to me. Check it out

Have an Exposure 3010s2 pre on sale. Let me know if that interests you.

Sent from my SM-A500G using Tapatalk

I think Quad 66 not available in India. Any other suggestive pre amp which is give great performance with 606?

You have any experience please share me.

The best thing about Quad is they are fantastic amps. The worst thing about quad is they sound good only when connected to quad preamps. 606 is great, but for best results, connect a Quad 66 pre to it.

Thanks for your suggestion. Quad Pre 34 or Pre 44 will go with my amp?

Last edited by a moderator:
Its a good one we cannot say from here as the final sound will depend on all chains including source to speaker most of the NAD pream will be marching good with quad power amps specially old ones so you dont worry about the model try to get old preamps

quad pre 34 : http://kenrockwell.com/audio/quad/34-preamplifier.htm
good sounding for 20 years, with Quad 306, but I think with Q606 it should be better...

quan%2034%20pre.JPG

D3S_5931-rear-1600.jpg

Last edited:
Updated my post. I have searched two Pre Amplifier Quad 44 and Quad 34.
Please give our suggestion what will be better option for my Quad Power Amplifier 606.

Any one with experience of NAD 165 preamp here. The two 10audio Review is most generous. It has very good feature set too.

I own the 160 and previously owned the 1000, 106 and 1020A. All great preamps in their generations. The 160/165 are more modern ones and perform excellently especially with digital sources. The phonostages are excellent too.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back