Suitable Amo or AVR for Paradigm Monitor 9..

• Thread starter Deleted member 17547
  • Start date
> got it for somewhere between 35-40k.

if that's the price for a monitor 9, then it is cheaper than the msrp in the usa.

Guys, i guess i am not here to discuss the price of Monitor 9.. I started this thread to get some views of our forum members about the AVR or Amp suitable for these speakers..

Thanks..

A lot of the AVR's do overstate their power.

I personally use the Emotiva UPA5 and the paradigms sing once the power is at 40% or higher. So although the sensitivity is high, they definitely sound better with more power.

Guys, i guess i am not here to discuss the price of Monitor 9.. I started this thread to get some views of our forum members about the AVR or Amp suitable for these speakers..

Thanks..

lol :eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah: -

Lets meet tomm as planned and audition Marantz

Hi Sagar,

Recently i auditioned Monitor 9 and to me it sounded too harsh to ears,(center was excellent for speech, was running movie), it was powered by Denon.

I am thinking between Warfedale 9.5 and Paradigm Monitor 9. But only problem is harshness. Monitor center1 was better compared to Warfedale. Could you please let me know what was the problem and if you were able to resolve it.

No intention to hijack your thread, please let me know breakup price in PM. I am not able to PM anyone.

Hi Ak47,
I am not able to PM anyone, can you please let me know from where you got your Paradigm complete package and for how much.

Hi Sagar,

Recently i auditioned Monitor 9 and to me it sounded too harsh to ears,(center was excellent for speech, was running movie), it was powered by Denon.

I am thinking between Warfedale 9.5 and Paradigm Monitor 9. But only problem is harshness. Monitor center1 was better compared to Warfedale. Could you please let me know what was the problem and if you were able to resolve it.

Well sagarvikram has not been able to resolve the brightness as yet. He has even tried an Arcam integrated which is considered to be a warm amp.

He finds the Paradigm to be perfect for Classical, slow rock, Ballads.
However since he listens to a lot of Hard rock / Metal. He finds the overall sound harsh and noisy.
He has yet to try it out the speakers with NAD and Marantz

He has put up the Paradigm Monitor 9 for sale.
(If i had place for another setup, I would have seriously considered the M9's for my music tastes)

On another note - Wharfedale 9.5 and Paradigm 9 have completely different sound signatures. Warm vs Bright.

So it purely boils down to your listening tastes and application.

I always feel lower amplifier headroom and power are a culprit in controlling speakers... and not only in the bass department, but mids and high too.

My advice is to focus on higher budget range of amplifiers rather than different mid-budget ones. Maybe these speakers require more premium amplification.

I always feel lower amplifier headroom and power are a culprit in controlling speakers... and not only in the bass department, but mids and high too.

My advice is to focus on higher budget range of amplifiers rather than different mid-budget ones. Maybe these speakers require more premium amplification.

Yes that seems to be true. Amplification could very well be the culprit. After unsuccessful attempts with CA (70wpc)and Arcam (50wpc) integrated.

Sagar is going to get the paradigm's over to my house and try them out with Rotel Monoblocks(180wpc), I may be getting a Naim Nait as well so lets see if there is any improvement.
He is going to try out NAD and Marantz as well.

If none of them work for him then it is a case of a mismatch of Speaker and his Ears. He is probably looking for a completely different Sound Signature

Hi Flash,

Wow, Naim's next on your agenda....you seriously are going all out ;)
Need to find the source of the fuloos that you are currently have access to :p

Well sagarvikram has not been able to resolve the brightness as yet. He has even tried an Arcam integrated which is considered to be a warm amp.

He finds the Paradigm to be perfect for Classical, slow rock, Ballads.
However since he listens to a lot of Hard rock / Metal. He finds the overall sound harsh and noisy.
He has yet to try it out the speakers with NAD and Marantz

He has put up the Paradigm Monitor 9 for sale.
(If i had place for another setup, I would have seriously considered the M9's for my music tastes)

On another note - Wharfedale 9.5 and Paradigm 9 have completely different sound signatures. Warm vs Bright.

So it purely boils down to your listening tastes and application.

Thankyou Flash
I like warm special effects but bright for speech (movies).

Sagar/Flash
If you are able to fix this issue do let us know.

Thankyou Flash
I like warm special effects but bright for speech (movies).

Sagar/Flash
If you are able to fix this issue do let us know.

I am getting my hand on Marantz PM6004 (Thru Brajendu) today evening.. Will post my impression..

Hi Flash,

Wow, Naim's next on your agenda....you seriously are going all out ;)
Need to find the source of the fuloos that you are currently have access to :p

Lol..... Yeah NAIM Nait Xs is on the cards. Negotiations are on ..... !!!
Owned by an expat and as luck has it, He is being shipped back to his motherland :yahoo:

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back