Suitable Amo or AVR for Paradigm Monitor 9..

• Thread starter Deleted member 17547
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 17547

All,

I purchased Paradigm Monitor few days back.. Currently using them with CA 650A..

Overall sound is good but a bit harsh specially when i listen to Rock.. Basically combo is good for soft songs but not at all suitable for rock.. When i bought these speakers i felt the same but since overall sound was good i bought them thinking that after some hours of play they'll settle down.. but seems like that ain't happening.. speakers are sounding same after 3 days of running.. 7-8 hours daily..

So looking for a AVR or Amp which is perfect for these speakers.. Would prefer AVR as that was my initial plan "less components".. that's why i started a sale thread to sell off my audio video stuff...

Preference is Music.. can comprise with movies.. Have read somewhere in forum that Marantz go well with Paradigm so thinking of trying Marantz SR5005.. or should i go for higher models to get a good music performance..

Budget.. Max 40K.. have already spent too much on speakers.. way out of my budget.. :p

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.. :)

Congrats on the Monitor 9's! Are these the V7's???

Nopes.. V6.. got a good deal for an old stock so bought them.. V7s are around 67K (MRP).. were out of my budget.. :)

Infact i found V6s better than V7s.. I demoed both series..

Pls check whether they continue to sound harsh. Have some doubts about the speakers. Have extensively heard the V6's, with marantz, nad, arcam & denon amps & never got any harshness issues. Infact my choice of music is Hard Rock/Metal - hence my doubt.

BTW, Did you get this 'deal' through Kripa??? :rolleyes:

I heard the azur 840a on the v7 and an advance acoustic class ab amp on it aswell. Totally unsuitable if the v7 is any indication of the v6 and if the 840a is a representation of CA's sound signature.

On that note, I'm not sure what would be a good match. I heard a couple of b & w's alongside the para and all 3 of them sounded poopy on the CA Azur compared against a Jamo + CA combo.

Corelement,

The V6 & V7's are totally different speakers, hence a comparison of the 2 would not be correct.

Just FYI

:)

Well they are good speakers.. it may be just this CA amp.. will try Arcam with these speakers in couple of days.. And will try to arrange Marantz from somewhere.. lets see how things goes..

I bought it from Aquarius electronics (Behram)..

BTW, which amp u found best suitable for these speakers, in terms of overall sound quality ??

I would love to try these speakers with Yamaha but problem is that no dealer in Pune keeps Yamaha.. for that i've to go to Mumbai.. so first i'll try other options which are available in Pune..

The harshness may be due to incomplete burn in.. Let them burn in for some time and then the harshness should reduce, mid and highs will become more soft. I have a similar experience with my Aviano s ..

Last edited:
Re: Suitable Amp or AVR for Paradigm Monitor 9..

The harshness may be due to incomplete burn in.. Let them burn in for some time and then the harshness should reduce, mid and highs will become more soft. I have a similar experience with my Aviano s too..

Well i have used them for around 25-30 hours.. so yeah giving some time to them.. not in a rush.. but i haven't noticed any diff since i bought them..

The harshness may be due to incomplete burn in.. Let them burn in for some time and then the harshness should reduce, mid and highs will become more soft. I have a similar experience with my Aviano s ..

Funnily my CA840a is the otherway around, it was a little muddy and blurry with poor grip on bass but after using it consistently for a few days now, the bass speed has improved and mids have also become more transparent. I have a feeling it will take approximately 2 weeks to fully burn in. And damn does the 840a get hot, really hot even in standby.

Funnily my CA840a is the otherway around, it was a little muddy and blurry with poor grip on bass but after using it consistently for a few days now, the bass speed has improved and mids have also become more transparent. I have a feeling it will take approximately 2 weeks to fully burn in.

What are you talking about?
You got the already burnt-in used amp I guess?
Also, electronivs burn-in is myth IMO. Others may argue.

^^^ thats a baaad sign ...... and summers have'nt set in as yet!

I know =\ :indifferent14:

What are you talking about?
You got the already burnt-in used amp I guess?
Also, electronivs burn-in is myth IMO. Others may argue.

Nah it wasnt burnt in, it's only dramatically improved in sound since yesterday, before yesterday certain midrange notes were foggy and grip on bass was somewhat poor on my bass heavy tracks.

Noticeably better now, and I know that not just based on my own perception, my mother (Who has a good idea of fundamentals of music from being around bengali classical singers from the 60's 70's and even being taught by them in her younger years) questioned my purchase the 1st day.
But yesteday she's like "wow it sounds better than day before I can hear the wrists gripping the tabla which I couldn't when you got it"

Definitely not a myth imo.

@OP Give it a couple of weeks time. After that, try out the options people put in the thread.

Last edited:
I have Monitor 9 paired with Denon 1911 and they sound great in movies, and good if i play music. If you're planning a 5.1 or 7.1 setup in the future, audition denon 1912, which is a well balanced amp, suitable for both movies and music. Paradigm pairs well with denon....

I have Monitor 9 paired with Denon 1911 and they sound great in movies, and good if i play music. If you're planning a 5.1 or 7.1 setup in the future, audition denon 1912, which is a well balanced amp, suitable for both movies and music. Paradigm pairs well with denon....

Ditto. I second the choice of a Denon with the M9s. Btw, are M9s (v7) retailing at 67K in Pune? !!! I got them for wayyy less here in Bangalore.

Ditto. I second the choice of a Denon with the M9s. Btw, are M9s (v7) retailing at 67K in Pune? !!! I got them for wayyy less here in Bangalore.

I too got them way cheap in Delhi. I have a contact who is an authorized dealer, gives grey market competitive prices and still gives everything with bill :eek:hyeah:.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back