Advice on Bookshelves needed

DapperCaptain

I am currently having Q Acoustics 3020i paired with Denon bt250 AVR, with Wharfedale subwoofer, centre and surrounds. I earlier had Wharfedale 9.1 as fronts. I was very happy with them. But those gave way (a fall of one of the speakers due to breaking of a wall mount. They had very pathetic wall mounts). I bought QA 3020i, which have almost similar sound to 9.1. I am not feeling I have upgraded in any manner (which I wanted to and had a chance!). My usage is mainly 2.1 music (mainly bollywood, few EDM, allen walker etc. I like soft soothing music). I have hooked google chromecast to Denon and stream music through it. (spotify or YT). I am looking for bigger, deeper and open sound (esp. vocals). I dont want to upgrade the AVR right now.. so thinking of bigger speakers which it can drive.. They will be in room of 10*15 ft.

I have narrowed down on following options -
1. Wharfedale 12.2
2. Elac Debut 6.2
3. Mission QX MK II or LX3 MK2
4. Monitor Audio Bronze 100 or 50 (Bronze 2 or 100 would be a stretch of budget, but still open)

(I have experience of Wharfedales since I had them and I liked their sound signature. But no experience of Elac, Mission or Monitor. I am open for a little experimentation with sound of others provided they are not bright and sibilant or shrill)

I have been reading the blog since I bought wharfe 9.1s around 12 years ago..This is my first post seeking advice from experts and seniors.. Thanks in advance.

Try an integrated amplifier for your music listening. There is a marantz on sale, check it out. Your QA speakers are fine in my opinion.

MaSh

Hello, thanks for reply. As i said, i am not considering upgrading the AVR or adding an amp right now.. In fact, the QAs are hardly 2 months old. There is a friend willing buy them, thats why this itch. Its not that I am unhappy with them. Just wanted a little bigger, fuller sound (without being bright or sibilant).
Do you really think that my primary source being Spotify (using google chromecast), it will make much difference by adding an integrated amp? or a speaker upgrade would be sufficient? (given my peculiar circumstances..!)

Hello, thanks for reply. As i said, i am not considering upgrading the AVR or adding an amp right now.. In fact, the QAs are hardly 2 months old. There is a friend willing buy them, thats why this itch. Its not that I am unhappy with them. Just wanted a little bigger, fuller sound (without being bright or sibilant).
Do you really think that my primary source being Spotify (using google chromecast), it will make much difference by adding an integrated amp? or a speaker upgrade would be sufficient? (given my peculiar circumstances..!)
Do you have a sub?

Dont gi with Elac b 6.2. They are really good speakers but need more power to drive them.
I think 250 bt has not enough power.
Try klipsch 51m also.

I am currently having Q Acoustics 3020i paired with Denon bt250 AVR, with Wharfedale subwoofer, centre and surrounds. I earlier had Wharfedale 9.1 as fronts. I was very happy with them. But those gave way (a fall of one of the speakers due to breaking of a wall mount. They had very pathetic wall mounts). I bought QA 3020i, which have almost similar sound to 9.1. I am not feeling I have upgraded in any manner (which I wanted to and had a chance!). My usage is mainly 2.1 music (mainly bollywood, few EDM, allen walker etc. I like soft soothing music). I have hooked google chromecast to Denon and stream music through it. (spotify or YT). I am looking for bigger, deeper and open sound (esp. vocals). I dont want to upgrade the AVR right now.. so thinking of bigger speakers which it can drive.. They will be in room of 10*15 ft.

I have narrowed down on following options -
1. Wharfedale 12.2
2. Elac Debut 6.2
3. Mission QX MK II or LX3 MK2
4. Monitor Audio Bronze 100 or 50 (Bronze 2 or 100 would be a stretch of budget, but still open)

(I have experience of Wharfedales since I had them and I liked their sound signature. But no experience of Elac, Mission or Monitor. I am open for a little experimentation with sound of others provided they are not bright and sibilant or shrill)

I have been reading the blog since I bought wharfe 9.1s around 12 years ago..This is my first post seeking advice from experts and seniors.. Thanks in advance.

Buy a stereo integrated amplifier.
Preferable a used one so that you can easily resell it ,if not happy with the output. You won't lose much in this process.
You will be surprised by the output from the integrated amp compared to avr.
A good integrated amplifier can be purchased for 15k. You don't need any fancy features there.

Dont gi with Elac b 6.2. They are really good speakers but need more power to drive them.
I think 250 bt has not enough power.
Try klipsch 51m also.
I too felt so..from the reviews. It appears that those need more power to drive. The Denon AVR that I have is rated for 70 W + 70 W (8 Ω/ohms, 20 Hz – 20 kHz with 0.08 % T.H.D.). and 90 W + 90 W (6 Ω/ohms, 1 kHz with 0.7 % T.H.D.
But I have read somewhere that depending on speaker sensivity, one usually does not go beyond 10 watts. I also don't usually like listening at very high volumes (can go upto -20dB, as per volume on AVR).
Guys, don't get me wrong, but I am really not thinking of going to integrated amp direction right now 😔 (some budget constraints and family resistance 😞

Buy a stereo integrated amplifier.
Preferable a used one so that you can easily resell it ,if not happy with the output. You won't lose much in this process.
You will be surprised by the output from the integrated amp compared to avr.
A good integrated amplifier can be purchased for 15k. You don't need any fancy features there.
hello, in 15k, there is only one i could find viz. Aiyima. A friend has it..will ask him to loan it to me and give it a try.

Because you liked Wharfdale sound and love QA, I'd suggest to go for Wharfdale Diamond 12.2 or QA 3030i. I have listened to both of them and lik both liked both of them.

I liked the Wharfdale sound a wee bit more and hence went for it.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back