Upgrade ideas for a music chain

sesharavind

hello

my current setup is as follows

Platinum achals + a matching center
Denon AVR 2700
used for both music (streaming+USB) and movies (TV + OTT)

i wanted to add an amp to the setup for listening to music.

i found out that it was not possible with my x2700 AVR due to the lack of pre-outs. indirect solutions as follows
  1. build a music chain with FiiO - BTA30 pro transceiver/Topping D50 or equivalent, amp, existing speakers, AVR
    1. convert all my connections to banana plugs, unplug speaker connections from AVR and plug into amp when listening to music, plug it back into AVR when watching movies. from a space point of view, there are no issues, but still it is cumbersome
    2. i always listen to music in stereo mode and hence will not miss the various modes present in AVR
    3. I use dolby surround mode in AVR for movies
  2. build a music chain with FiiO - BTA30 pro transceiver or equivalent, amp, existing speakers, and NO AVR
    1. connect TV to the transceiver through optical out
    2. Music in stereo mode is possible
    3. Movies in dolby surround mode not possible
    4. No plugging and unplugging required since there is no switching between AVR and amp
My budget for the upgrade is 30-40 K.

Suggestions/Advices needed
  1. Any other setup possible?
  2. how different would be the TV sound if connected to the transceiver through optical?
  3. Any issues that i may face if i connect TV to the transceiver through optical?
  4. any way i can get the dolby surround mode in setup 2 for movies?
  5. BT alternatives for the FiiO - BTA30 pro?
  6. Non-BT alternatives for FiiO - BTA30 pro?
  7. thinking of Norge concerto gold 1000 AMP. any other alternatives?
  8. any other expert thoughts on the above also welcome
thanks

Hello everyone
i see a lot of views but no suggestions. I'm solely dependent on the views of the experts here to move further.

any response would be appreciated.

thanks

I had mare a similar mistake with a 2600h , I went the long route of selling the 2600h & getting a 4500h. Then got myself a seperate source,pre-power combo with the avr going into the pre.

An easier & cheaper alternative would be to get a speaker switch & an integrated amp. Switch the amp per what you want the speaker to

Hello everyone
i see a lot of views but no suggestions. I'm solely dependent on the views of the experts here to move further.

any response would be appreciated.

thanks
For the upgrade budget you have, Norge 1000, BTA 30 is all that is required. If maneuvering banana plugs is difficult, speaker/amp switch is the way to go. Norge is a real VFM amp

Thank you.
Is that switch readily available? In Chennai...

When you have a good speakers and amp, any thing in between should not be a poor link. You can seek the help of Amit of Indiq for the proper switch. I have seen he is using one such component for demo purpose, switching between different speaker amp combinations.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back