Need your advise and recommendations for first setup

@argho @Yelamanchili manohar Good morning :)
This is the point where I am confused, I am torn with this speaker selection dilemma because of so many options but I am in the city where I can hardly get demos of 2-3 brands at max that after contacting 7-9 stores/dealers.

So, I was able to get a demo of the Heco Victa Prime 502 setup and Elac f5.2 setup but both sounded quite different and both seem way too overpriced at least at these dealers. after calling most of the dealers they all are saying that they don't have QA in stock and they always try to push other brands saying these sound better than QAs and QAs only have 1 year of warranty while these have 3-5 years etc etc.

Lastly, I am also quite confused between QA and IndiqAudio as both are new for me however according to Amit from IndiqAudio he seems super confident about his product and according to him this Diamond Mishra 2 can beat speakers costing 3-4x more easily. However, I am not that audiophile person who might be even able to notice too much of a difference but if the price was about the same I would have easily opted for IndiqAudio currently the difference is almost 20k+.

Even to make the situation worse I came across JBL stage FS speakers and normal people are saying that those are even more fun speakers than their rivals (not audiophiles).
I have the QA 3030i and 3090ci and the x2700h and bought them close to three months ago and I am totally happy with it. The difference I see b/w our two setup's is the avr; the 3800h is definitely superior than the 2700h
NOTE - But, I upgraded from an ancient Onkyo 5.1 setup so it's quite a big upgrade and quite a mid-basic one at that.

When I was on the lookout I had shortlisted the elac debut 6.2, mission QX2, QXC and the QA 3030i, 3090,
I was able to get audition for Mission and QA.

the Missions sounded neutral, precise. The QA sounded bright and loud. I liked how the QA sounded so I picked it up. After three months of usage, I personally feel it definitely needs a Sub.

For movies and music -- I think the source of it is really important; if these are sorted with a minimally treated room, I think the QA's will sound really good.

My living area is 25'x15' untreated. Right now I'm looking for a sub will add surrounds a bit later. Overall I am satisfied and enjoying my setup.

Before buying anything I would suggest you get Audition. Good luck.

I have the QA 3030i and 3090ci and the x2700h and bought them close to three months ago and I am totally happy with it. The difference I see b/w our two setup's is the avr; the 3800h is definitely superior than the 2700h
NOTE - But, I upgraded from an ancient Onkyo 5.1 setup so it's quite a big upgrade and quite a mid-basic one at that.

When I was on the lookout I had shortlisted the elac debut 6.2, mission QX2, QXC and the QA 3030i, 3090,

the Missions sounded neutral, precise. The QA sounded bright and loud. I liked how the QA sounded so I picked it up. After three months of usage, I personally feel it definitely needs a Sub.

For movies and music -- I think the source of it is really important; if these are sorted with a minimally treated room, I think the QA's will sound really good.

My living area is 25'x15' untreated. Right now I'm looking for a sub will add surrounds a bit later. Overall I am satisfied and enjoying my setup.

In my experience with many Qacoustics speakers, their house sound leans towards the warm, lush, rich and a slightly laid back presentation . And an effortless musicality.

I would be very surprised if anything can spark brightness out of Qacoustics. The above said, I havent heard this particular model, so I cannot comment on how they sound. Maybe Qacoustics is revising their house sound with the newer models.

In my experience with many Qacoustics speakers, their house sound leans towards the warm, lush, rich and a slightly laid back presentation . And an effortless musicality.

I would be very surprised if anything can spark brightness out of Qacoustics. The above said, I havent heard this particular model, so I cannot comment on how they sound. Maybe Qacoustics is revising their house sound with the newer models.
You may very well be right; I am TOTALLY new to this. Since this is my first upgrade I went with something that sounded pleasing to my ears.

May I know your opinion on the QB 12 at it's current price is value for money ? I initially looking for a sub for Movies, but now I'm leaning more towards a musical one.

@argho @Yelamanchili manohar Good morning :)
This is the point where I am confused, I am torn with this speaker selection dilemma because of so many options but I am in the city where I can hardly get demos of 2-3 brands at max that after contacting 7-9 stores/dealers.

So, I was able to get a demo of the Heco Victa Prime 502 setup and Elac f5.2 setup but both sounded quite different and both seem way too overpriced at least at these dealers. after calling most of the dealers they all are saying that they don't have QA in stock and they always try to push other brands saying these sound better than QAs and QAs only have 1 year of warranty while these have 3-5 years etc etc.

Lastly, I am also quite confused between QA and IndiqAudio as both are new for me however according to Amit from IndiqAudio he seems super confident about his product and according to him this Diamond Mishra 2 can beat speakers costing 3-4x more easily. However, I am not that audiophile person who might be even able to notice too much of a difference but if the price was about the same I would have easily opted for IndiqAudio currently the difference is almost 20k+.

Even to make the situation worse I came across JBL stage FS speakers and normal people are saying that those are even more fun speakers than their rivals (not audiophiles).
one thing I suggest you is while purchasing keep in mind about resale value also

@umangloria If I had to choose between the dealers suggestions and suggestions of members like @Yelamanchili manohar @Blackstar @argho, I would follow the words of these fellow members, solely because they have been using it for months and years and are presenting their views based on the same, unlike dealers who might be selling brands for years are not really hearing them on a daily basis, they can help you shortlist from the looooong list of brands though.

You may very well be right; I am TOTALLY new to this. Since this is my first upgrade I went with something that sounded pleasing to my ears.

May I know your opinion on the QB 12 at it's current price is value for money ? I initially looking for a sub for Movies, but now I'm leaning more towards a musical one.
Absolutely no worries @Blackstar ..you did the right thing by choosing what pleased you. And iam no resident expert either. So I could be wrong in generalising things too.

I had a very brief experience with the QB12 subwoofer with the QA 3050 or 3050i speakers, and found it a musical match.

But my experience with subwoofers is very very limited. So I really don't know what else is out there, or how they perform. So i will be the wrong person to recommend one or the other.

If you want musical bass without the deepest extension, then REL are usually recommended. For HT duties, the usual suspects are SVS, XTZ etc. And Rythmik is supposedly somewhere between the REL and the latter.

There are two subwoofers presently in the classifieds, a REL T5X and a Rythmik FVX12. That Rythmik is a proper beast, in both size and extension. Which means, you need to have a big enough room with sufficient placement flexibility to get it right. Just plonking a sub where ever we can accommodate one, is calling for trouble. As the sub integration with the rest of the spectrum will not be optimal.

So, If you dont have placement flexibility, then the QA QB12 will be a better bet due to its smaller size, which again opens up some placement flexibility. And it is designed to match the voicing of other QA speakers, so that advantage is there. And it is an important one.

As you can see, iam just generalising how I would go about, if looking for a sub. Fondly hope others with more experience with subs will chime in. All the best :)

I think its an excellent home theatre sub, and fits in well in an all QA setup. Worth the price in my view - its really powerful.
Recreates the booms and bangs in a movie sound track very realistic way :)

I would not reccomned the QB12 for music - it overpowers the speakers.

For music, you need a sub which is fast and precise. I use an 8 inch Dali C8-D sub in my stereo setup.

I think its an excellent home theatre sub, and fits in well in an all QA setup. Worth the price in my view - its really powerful.
Recreates the booms and bangs in a movie sound track very realistic way :)

I would not reccomned the QB12 for music - it overpowers the speakers.

For music, you need a sub which is fast and precise. I use an 8 inch Dali C8-D sub in my stereo setup.
The problem I have with an 8" sub is that, my room is quite large (untreated) hence an 8" wouldn't suffice.

Looking at some of the feedback on the QB12, most FMs have started that it's a good for music.

I had considered the PL300 initially, dropped the idea. So I'm still on the lookout. Any recommendations?

The problem I have with an 8" sub is that, my room is quite large (untreated) hence an 8" wouldn't suffice.

Looking at some of the feedback on the QB12, most FMs have started that it's a good for music.

I had considered the PL300 initially, dropped the idea. So I'm still on the lookout. Any recommendations?

I am not a sub expert. Very limited experience with them.

Thank you @Blackstar for sharing your experience, Room/Hall size is even smaller in my case Just 15*11 or 18*11. And I think I really don't need FS as many suggested. I contacted so many dealers in Ahmedabad for audition but none of them provide demo of QA. I will be adding sub later for sure. Just trying to process all this information to decide on speakers.

@umangloria If I had to choose between the dealers suggestions and suggestions of members like @Yelamanchili manohar @Blackstar @argho, I would follow the words of these fellow members, solely because they have been using it for months and years and are presenting their views based on the same, unlike dealers who might be selling brands for years are not really hearing them on a daily basis, they can help you shortlist from the looooong list of brands though.
This is 100% true and I am trying to get feedbacks from FMs mostly as I am not able to get auditions here in Ahmedabad.

Thank you @argho @Yelamanchili manohar and @prateekatasniya for your suggestions, It really helps me a lot, I got a suggestion of IndiqAudio from two FMs so
I contacted Amit yesterday from Indiqaudio last evening and the issue is the prices of their speakers seem to be on a higher side:
Right now I have a budget of 80k, and here is the the quotation I received from him:
1. diamond-mishra-2 pair —> 52k
2. universal-akaar-2 center --> 25k
So it is a total of 77k for 3.0 and at the same time I can get:
1. QA 3030i pair-> 34k
2. QA 3090Ci center --> 19k
3. QA 3010i pair -> 21k
that comes to a total of 74k for 5.0
Daimond Mishras vs QA 3030i pairs not comparable. Diamond Mishras were custom built and you can ask amit to redo the crossover or fine tune based on your music preference, finishing etc. On the other hand, QA 3030i is mass market product with proven credentials and better aesthetics. Diamond Mishras are really big bookshelves and strongly built like vintage speakers with higher sensitivity speakers.
It is better to audition all the available options within your budget and take a decision, ensure that the money is worth invested and you are happy at the end of the day.

Thank you @Blackstar for sharing your experience, Room/Hall size is even smaller in my case Just 15*11 or 18*11. And I think I really don't need FS as many suggested. I contacted so many dealers in Ahmedabad for audition but none of them provide demo of QA. I will be adding sub later for sure. Just trying to process all this information to decide on speakers.
With this room size, the 3030i and 3090ci would be more than enough and would not be an overkill. Why don't you browse tru hifimart.com There is sale happening now. All the speakers that you shortlisted seem to have discount on them right now. Anil, who is the owner of the site can clear all your doubts and queries.

Thank you @argho @Yelamanchili manohar and @prateekatasniya for your suggestions, It really helps me a lot, I got a suggestion of IndiqAudio from two FMs so
I contacted Amit yesterday from Indiqaudio last evening and the issue is the prices of their speakers seem to be on a higher side:
Right now I have a budget of 80k, and here is the the quotation I received from him:
1. diamond-mishra-2 pair —> 52k
2. universal-akaar-2 center --> 25k
So it is a total of 77k for 3.0 and at the same time I can get:
1. QA 3030i pair-> 34k
2. QA 3090Ci center --> 19k
3. QA 3010i pair -> 21k
that comes to a total of 74k for 5.0
Hi,

I am using Diamond Mishra Speaker , since it is 95DB sensitivity it is easy to drive by any amp .

I am using Polk Centre , For me I don't have any issue . ( Same brand center is advisable to get timbre matching )

As said by members final decision is by yours .

Update: Received AVR. Speakers are on the way. Now looking for speaker wire, Requesting for your suggestion on which wire I should go with.
Currently shortlisted wires:
1. Finolex 2.5mm speaker wire
2. elevn flex Cu121 12-Gauge Speaker Wire - 100 feet (30.5m) Audio Speaker Wire Cable - 99.9% Oxygen Free Copper - Professional Stereo Audio Speaker Wire & Cable for Hifi Speakers https://amzn.eu/d/0UD5o1r

Update: Received AVR. Speakers are on the way. Now looking for speaker wire, Requesting for your suggestion on which wire I should go with.
2. elevn flex Cu121 12-Gauge Speaker Wire - 100 feet (30.5m) Audio Speaker Wire Cable - 99.9% Oxygen Free Copper - Professional Stereo Audio Speaker Wire & Cable for Hifi Speakers https://amzn.eu/d/0UD5o1r
You can get 14 awg belden for similar price.

Can consider Furutech fs301 for fronts and centre and furutech fs303 or gladen LL 14awg/12awg for the surrounds and ceiling ones later Or maybe either brand for all the speakers if these catch your interest.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back