Suitable Amplifier

Hustlerjoe

Hello Experts

I have Magnat make Monitor Supreme 2000 speakers and Magnat MA 400 amplifier. I'm not happy with clarity, may be because my amp is not suitable for the speakers output. Could anyone suggest the correct amp.

Joseph

There could be a lot of reasons, but generally speaking if both the speakers and amp are from the same company then there shouldn't be any compatibility issues. Audio is a very personal choice, your setup maybe like by many others. Let us start off with the basics.

1. What are your sources? (How and with what are you feeding your amp)? CD player, dac, tuner?
2. Are you using real cheap/bad cables and interconnects (rca cable/ coax cable)
3. Have you tried placing the speakers in different places?
4. Try your amp with someone else speakers, is the poor clarity still the same?
5. Try someone else's amp with your speakers, does it sound same

First, try to eliminate any bad link in the chain and that will help you to take a better decision.

You can request dealers for a home demo with amps or you can take your speakers to them....many possibilities, so don't give up just yet.

There is no such thing as a particular amp for a particular speakers, yes some brands to match very well and are time tested combinations.

Your gear is quite good, it could be something silly as cheap power cables, speaker wires, interconnects, bad source etc. Look into those things first. Let the forum know in more detail about your setup, sources and cables used.

Hello

Thanks for your response.
All the wires are from Magnat, i doubt the amp output, coz my speakers are 220/450 watts and amp is 150 watts.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back