Suitable Home Theater for this room ?

saket_khanna

Hi,
Please check the picture of my existing TV setup.
I have 42 Inch LG Plasma TV ( 42PA4520) LG 42PA4520 LCD TV - HD Ready 720p Plasma with life like Picture - LG Electronics IN

which has these as connectivity Options
RF In ,AV In
Component in (Y,Pb,Pr) + Audio
Digital Audio Out (optical)
HDMI In ( 3 Nos) , USB
RGB In (D-sub 15pin) No PC
PC Audio Input
RS-232C (Control / SVC).

The problem I am facing is with sound output is , due to the opening for Kicthen and the overall room desgins the sound gets lost and voice are hardly audible even at 8 feet distance from TV. ( Please refer the attached image of Room Desgin)

While getting the electric wiring done , I had planned speaker setup in the living room as well, with wiring for 4 speakers done on each corner of the Living room .. the longest wire is aprox 15-17 Mt and shortest aprox 5 mt long. ( I have used 1 mm copper wire ,image of it in attached pic )

I dont have any good DVD player as of now ( there is an old LG DSI 8556p DVD player with 5.1 output but it may require lens replacement) ..

Please suggest me a decent speaker system with DVD/BD which would deleiver clear voices and good sound / music out put ( budget 10K to 15 K )

Thanks a lot

Attachments

• Home Theater 22.jpg
    Home Theater 22.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 84
Hi,
Please check the picture of my existing TV setup.
I have 42 Inch LG Plasma TV ( 42PA4520) LG 42PA4520 LCD TV - HD Ready 720p Plasma with life like Picture - LG Electronics IN

which has these as connectivity Options
RF In ,AV In
Component in (Y,Pb,Pr) + Audio
Digital Audio Out (optical)
HDMI In ( 3 Nos) , USB
RGB In (D-sub 15pin) No PC
PC Audio Input
RS-232C (Control / SVC).

The problem I am facing is with sound output is , due to the opening for Kicthen and the overall room desgins the sound gets lost and voice are hardly audible even at 8 feet distance from TV. ( Please refer the attached image of Room Desgin)

While getting the electric wiring done , I had planned speaker setup in the living room as well, with wiring for 4 speakers done on each corner of the Living room .. the longest wire is aprox 15-17 Mt and shortest aprox 5 mt long. ( I have used 1 mm copper wire ,image of it in attached pic )

I dont have any good DVD player as of now ( there is an old LG DSI 8556p DVD player with 5.1 output but it may require lens replacement) ..

Please suggest me a decent speaker system with DVD/BD which would deleiver clear voices and good sound / music out put ( budget 10K to 15 K )

Thanks a lot

Your requirement:
1. Clear voices with good sound in a large hall i suppose.
2.Your budget is 10K-15K

For your budget you would end up in having an HTIB from toy brands like sony,samsung, lg etc which none of the FM would suggest, as your requirement is also to listen clear voice with good sound.

For a large hall like this you would be required to buy a separate AVR with different speakers set. You can choose the brands between Denon, Yamaha, Onkyo, Pioneer etc. for speakers go for a small setup like two fronts and center channel and rest you can add later when budget permits.

But for initial set-up you would need at least 35K for AVR and min 15K for a pair of bookshelves.

If you still don't have a budget then I would advise you to consider Yamaha YHT 196 for 25K which is a complete 5.1 setup, you'll have to buy DVD/BD separately.

Hey Pranay,
Thanks for your Input
You are right about my main queries ..apart from these two there are other doubts which I have
1. will the wiring done 3 years back would have any noticeable supressive impact on the sound ? ( you can find the type of wire I used in previeus posted pic )
2. With the current postining of speaker points will I be able to solve the issue which I face currently as sound gets deflected towards kicthen ? ..Right now we end up watching TV at the edge of the 8 x 8 space on dining table .

Now coming back to your suggestion about the right way of getting a better AVR with decent speaker and expand it with time.. or going for Yamaha YHT 196 ..I will have to check in local market what all options are avaiable for audtion as my City "Jabalpur" may not have many choices ..all I get see here is Intex , Zabronics etc :)

Meanwhile among the toy brands I had shortlisted Philips HTB3540 5.1 BD / Smart TV Philips HTB3540/94 - 5.1 Home theater
Reliance Digital is quoting 16K for it

but not able to get any reviews of the product so I my search wil be on

Thanks
Saket

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back