Sunny from Bombay

sunnykris

Guys

My collection comprises mostly Bollywood and very few Indian Classical and instrumentals like James Last etc. Should be around 2-2.5k records. Since I am a fan of Kishore Kumar I have managed to get most of the records that have a song of KK on it.

I am looking to sell most of it as I would rather listen to them recorded nonstop instead of changing sides whenever. I want to do this thru this forum since I feel it is the best way.

I do not know how to go about this since the collection is huge. I have collected them over the years and paid premium for many of them.

I need your help determining the fair price of each of these. What I mean is that a record of Saagar/Sholay varies from site to site.The same record on Discogs, Vinyl World, or Gramophone world, is sold for different prices. If I list Sholay from my collection, I do not khow what to ask for. Dont want to overcharge the buyer nor shortchange myself.

Please understand that this is not to get the highest price but the fair price. I would be willing to go lower than the prices quoted around, since I would like the records to be picked up from my place in Bombay. I would not ship to anywhere.

I hope this works because I do not want to sell lumpsum to a dealer. I am in no hurry.

I hope I have been clear and nobody takes it in a negative way. If there is another way to sell my collection please do suggest.

Thank you
Sunny

HELLO GOOD COLLECTION. If you need to sell off all of the vinyls, do get one turntable that has a USB recording system on it, where you could save your entire collection using your laptop, either by purchasing, or to use one from a known FM member from Mumbai. If I was in Bombay I would have surely given it to you, to record them. Presently I too have saved all my Goa. Regional songs and English albums using my Numark usb turntable. Please see Signatures below to know the model no.

I have yet not sold any of my Ep’s Lp’s, and even those 78 RPM’s so far, since I use multi record disc vinyl player. I know one gentle man from Bombay who would buy all but would ask for peanuts, and then resell them. But he would possibly buy from you the whole lot at a throwaway price.

I feel you should learn from the previous sales of vinyls on this forum, and sell them here as you will surely get a fair price.
Best of Sales

Guys

My collection comprises mostly Bollywood and very few Indian Classical and instrumentals like James Last etc. Should be around 2-2.5k records. Since I am a fan of Kishore Kumar I have managed to get most of the records that have a song of KK on it.

I am looking to sell most of it as I would rather listen to them recorded nonstop instead of changing sides whenever. I want to do this thru this forum since I feel it is the best way.

I do not know how to go about this since the collection is huge. I have collected them over the years and paid premium for many of them.

I need your help determining the fair price of each of these. What I mean is that a record of Saagar/Sholay varies from site to site.The same record on Discogs, Vinyl World, or Gramophone world, is sold for different prices. If I list Sholay from my collection, I do not khow what to ask for. Dont want to overcharge the buyer nor shortchange myself.

Please understand that this is not to get the highest price but the fair price. I would be willing to go lower than the prices quoted around, since I would like the records to be picked up from my place in Bombay. I would not ship to anywhere.

I hope this works because I do not want to sell lumpsum to a dealer. I am in no hurry.

I hope I have been clear and nobody takes it in a negative way. If there is another way to sell my collection please do suggest.

Thank you
Sunny

Well for starters...a good huge collection indeed and some of these would be rare,.,,,,

My advice is to put them in Lots of 5 / 10 at a time to sell......check the prices from all the sites you know and come to an average price which will keep a potential buyer interested and also satisfy you that you got back a fair value for what was spent overall.

Sales will take time....it is better to make a list and click pics of the lot being put for sale and post it "For Sale by Owner" section.

It would be wise to check under the Turntable / Vinyl Threads and post the requirement to possibly borrow a Turntable that has a USB recording system on it,...as advised by FM @antoniodias before you put them up for sale....there are a few possible members who may have such a Turn Table in Mumbai......post the request...

All the best!

HELLO GOOD COLLECTION. If you need to sell off all of the vinyls, do get one turntable that has a USB recording system on it, where you could save your entire collection using your laptop, either by purchasing, or to use one from a known FM member from Mumbai. If I was in Bombay I would have surely given it to you, to record them. Presently I too have saved all my Goa. Regional songs and English albums using my Numark usb turntable. Please see Signatures below to know the model no.

I have yet not sold any of my Ep’s Lp’s, and even those 78 RPM’s so far, since I use multi record disc vinyl player. I know one gentle man from Bombay who would buy all but would ask for peanuts, and then resell them. But he would possibly buy from you the whole lot at a throwaway price.

I feel you should learn from the previous sales of vinyls on this forum, and sell them here as you will surely get a fair price.
Best of Sales
First of all let me thank you for the offer of giving me your tt if you were here, very nice of you.

I already own the Denon 200DP direct usb tt bought when it first came out here. I have most of my bolly collection in 192 mp3.
But since I am not an expert like many of youll here, I have not been able to get the best out of this, meaning I did not change the cartridge enough times resulting is muffled recordings of many. By the time I realised this, the cart had increased in price 3 fold and frankly now I cannot think of starting all over again. I wont be able to because of time constraints.

If there would be any person who could digitise my whole collection for a fair price per record, I would very much like that. The price and logistics could be worked out fair to both.

Regarding the dealer you mentioned, I know 3 of these guys who would love to get hold of this collection but for a pittance. I also do not want that. That is the reason I would like to sell to the people on this forum who would be appreciative and I too would get a fair price.

Another idea I had was to request the buyer to give me a wav recording of the record he bought from me on a usb dr (provided by me) and I would reduce the price a tad for that favour. That would be ideal because I would get a copy done by a knowledgable person or expert.

Thank you for your advice

Well for starters...a good huge collection indeed and some of these would be rare,.,,,,

My advice is to put them in Lots of 5 / 10 at a time to sell......check the prices from all the sites you know and come to an average price which will keep a potential buyer interested and also satisfy you that you got back a fair value for what was spent overall.

Sales will take time....it is better to make a list and click pics of the lot being put for sale and post it "For Sale by Owner" section.

It would be wise to check under the Turntable / Vinyl Threads and post the requirement to possibly borrow a Turntable that has a USB recording system on it,...as advised by FM @antoniodias before you put them up for sale....there are a few possible members who may have such a Turn Table in Mumbai......post the request...

All the best!
Thank you

Once this is sorted (above) I will do as you have said.

Will try to range my records within the range available and even lower if possible and gradually sell them. I have no knowledge of the grading like NM VG etc.

I would go to the extent of sharing part of the sale price % wise with somebody knowledgable who can assist me in the recording and selling. Just my thoughts.

Thank you for your advice

Just an afterthought
I have put the list on Discogs (not for sale)and I got this:
Collection Value:*
Min: $8,986.87 Med: $12,882.11 Max: $20,145.01

Any reliability to these numbers ?

Last edited:
Thank you

Once this is sorted (above) I will do as you have said.

Will try to range my records within the range available and even lower if possible and gradually sell them. I have no knowledge of the grading like NM VG etc.

For Grading you need to get in touch with a fellow TurnTable / Vinyl user....unfortunately I am not one of them. (Although dad had one...that was 30+ years back).

I would go to the extent of sharing part of the sale price % wise with somebody knowledgeable who can assist me in the recording and selling. Just my thoughts.

Thats a nice gesture....I am sure you can rely on some of our knowledgable FMs based in Mumbai.....you both can work something out!

Just an afterthought
I have put the list on Discogs (not for sale)and I got this:
Collection Value:*
Min: $8,986.87 Med: $12,882.11 Max: $20,145.01

Any reliability to these numbers ?

I am not sure....suggest you check with @shafic ....he is more knowledgeable in Turn Tables / Vinyls and will definitely help you on how to go about in sale / stacking / pricing etc.....reach out to him (PM)

Sunnykris, if you wish I can help you grade the vinyls. And help you with current market price

www.olx.com

20 posts in 10 year's, last one being 7 years back, and after owning two thousand five hundred records u have decided that u now prefer a continuous playback? :rolleyes:

Oh well, good luck. Prem is a gentleman, he will help you.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back