Super Simple Single Stage Tube PreAmp

Hi Bibin,

No, I don't have trafo with those rating. Do we need to feed AC power into the board?

Thanks,
Koushik.

Hi Koushik,

Yes, just connect the AC output from secondary of transformer to the board. The board has rectifier with CRCRC filter for B+ and CRCC filter for filament.

Thanks,
Bibin

Here are some videos:

Tube Buffer with 6N2P:
https://youtu.be/sT20hDkWzeY

Tube Buffer with 12AU7:
https://youtu.be/QppZmaslROg

Thanks,
Bibin

Listened to two videos side-by-side. I think - if the recording is done for both the tubes with all other parameters unchanged - 12AU7 is having a little more bass. And I think its totally justified because 12AU7 is priced @ 1342/- whereas 6N2p is is priced @ 300/-. I checked the price in diyaudiocart after listening to those videos. So I am not influenced by the price point in the first place. :)

Are the OBs in play here? I am not sure whether this is the problem with the recording device or not but I found lack of bass out of those speakers. Maybe a high quality audio recording or listening those speakers in person might change my opinion.

Last edited:
Listened to two videos side-by-side. I think - if the recording is done for both the tubes with all other parameters unchanged - 12AU7 is having a little more bass.

Are the OBs in play here? I am not sure whether this is the problem with the recording device or not but I found lack of bass out of those speakers. Maybe a high quality audio recording or listening those speakers in person might change my opinion.

Saikat,

You are right, 12AU7 has more bass than 6N2P.

They are played through OB, the lack of bass is due to my <10W SE tube amp. The OBs need latest 15W from a tube amp. Last week I connected it with Ayon Spark III (20W) and the sound was awesome with enough bass. Please PM me your WhatsApp number, I will share that video?

Thanks,
Bibin

Saikat,

You are right, 12AU7 has more bass than 6N2P.

They are played through OB, the lack of bass is due to my <10W SE tube amp. The OBs need latest 15W from a tube amp. Last week I connected it with Ayon Spark III (20W) and the sound was awesome with enough bass. Please PM me your WhatsApp number, I will share that video?

Thanks,
Bibin
Hi bibin, PM sent. Thanks. [emoji4]

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back