surrounds(urgent)!

Akshit2111

Hello all

I am on my way to visit a dealer.. i have a quick question for you guys.. i am currently getting a new avr.. i was using a 3.0 setup till date and m also planning to get the surrounds as well. Since AVR wasn't planned not much is left for surround speakers. I'd like to ask you guys whether i can use basic polk audio owm3 speakers for my surrounds? I may get a good price on them if i buy it without bill..

My prospective setup after considering new AVR wud be
marantz 6013/5013
front towers polk rti a7
centre -- polk csi a4
surrounds-- owm3 or any other good suggestions in the budget range of 15k

Thanks in advance :)

PS Note:- ill appreciate if you guys can contribute within an hour or two as i want to go prepared else he may fool me with some crappy speakers.

With Polk setup, OWM3 will work just fine but I will suggest you to look for OWM5 if possible and that will give you powerful and much broader surround sound field. The key highlight of OWM is the mounting flexibility.If possible please PM me the price of OWM3/5.

With Polk setup, OWM3 will work just fine but I will suggest you to look for OWM5 if possible and that will give you powerful and much broader surround sound field. The key highlight of OWM is the mounting flexibility.If possible please PM me the price of OWM3/5.
Sure sure

Since i have a little more time now.. what to look for in surrounds like what is imp...all i know is that they dont consume much power.. what other considerations are to be kept in mind?

Since i have a little more time now.. what to look for in surrounds like what is imp...all i know is that they dont consume much power.. what other considerations are to be kept in mind?

Not the specs, but wall mount capability and if there is a provision of thread hole mount, so that you can mount to ceiling as heights (or) tilt to your listening position using external speaker brackets..

Not the specs, but wall mount capability and if there is a provision of thread hole mount, so that you can mount to ceiling as heights (or) tilt to your listening position using external speaker brackets..
Just the wall mount capability thats it? No matching nothing as such?

Just the wall mount capability thats it? No matching nothing as such?

Matching with that of fronts is good, but not mandatory.. You can comfortably use surrounds from another brand.. All these mounting / tilting options is a bonus for speaker, especially surr, surr back (or) heights..

Matching with that of fronts is good, but not mandatory.. You can comfortably use surrounds from another brand.. All these mounting / tilting options is a bonus for speaker, especially surr, surr back (or) heights..
Owm3 are wall mountable.

Yes, Elango is right. I have them for all my atmos duties. they are good. but have their limitations based on room size. for my room they seem to do really well.

You can also consider Pioneer BS22 LR and Boston Acoustics A25. The price on Amazon dropped drastically (10.9K). Not sure why.

You can also consider Pioneer BS22 LR and Boston Acoustics A25. The price on Amazon dropped drastically (10.9K). Not sure why.
Any idea regarding pioneer.. these speakers are so so raved about! But general concensus amongst dealers are that they didnt like sound! As a consequence many dont stock them !

Does anyone have any idea about these speakers?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181207-192145_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20181207-192145_Chrome.jpg
    504.3 KB · Views: 21
Im not sure. one of the boston dealers have stopped getting new stocks and moved to other brands

Hello all

I am on my way to visit a dealer.. i have a quick question for you guys.. i am currently getting a new avr.. i was using a 3.0 setup till date and m also planning to get the surrounds as well. Since AVR wasn't planned not much is left for surround speakers. I'd like to ask you guys whether i can use basic polk audio owm3 speakers for my surrounds? I may get a good price on them if i buy it without bill..

My prospective setup after considering new AVR wud be
marantz 6013/5013
front towers polk rti a7
centre -- polk csi a4
surrounds-- owm3 or any other good suggestions in the budget range of 15k

Thanks in advance :)

PS Note:- ill appreciate if you guys can contribute within an hour or two as i want to go prepared else he may fool me with some crappy speakers.
As @elangoas suggested, Taga S90SL is excellent for their price. They do a great job for bookshelfs. And obviously they should work nicely as surrounds too. Regarding matching with Polk, i haven't tried it.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back