SUT, Cartridge and Phono Preamp

yeah ! thats why I finally went with the manufacturer recommended for my ortofon :)
@stevieboy , I would guess the type of Core/winding also matters. Slagle has a nickel core to reduce losses hence maybe a different design

When you can do read this.

Last edited:
Hi friends, what are the best make of SUTs for the Denon 103 , 103R and Ortofon MC carts? Thanks and regards.

For Ortofon, better to go with the Ortofon SUT.

For Denon there are many views, most cost effective would be Denons own SUT (AU-300) and most expensive would be the Auditorium 23.
Bobs devices used to be pretty economical SUTs but not now I be-live.

Lots of MC phonos do use Jensens Transformers inside..and Dave slagles is also supposed to be very neutral.

The sound does change based on system to system for the same SUT and and for the same system if you change the turns ratio the sound signature again changes !

Hence rather than trust my ears and assume that my system is neutral went for manufacturer recommended :oops:

For Ortofon, better to go with the Ortofon SUT.

For Denon there are many views, most cost effective would be Denons own SUT (AU-300) and most expensive would be the Auditorium 23.
Bobs devices used to be pretty economical SUTs but not now I be-live.

Lots of MC phonos do use Jensens Transformers inside..and Dave slagles is also supposed to be very neutral.

The sound does change based on system to system for the same SUT and and for the same system if you change the turns ratio the sound signature again changes !

Hence rather than trust my ears and assume that my system is neutral went for manufacturer recommended :oops:
Thank you arj, your suggestions will be much helpful. Regards.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back