Swift DZire ---ZDI Diesel Audio replace

redbull

Hi experts,
My dad is buying a Swift DZire ZDI and would like to replace the OEM audio

1. Can I buy head unit and speakers from the US, will they fit?
2. Any recommendations for brands and models?
3. I am looking to find a model that has ipod, usb , aux input and bluetooth

thanks,

Yes you can buy any unit from US and it will fit in after you get the OEM fitting which comes in the lower version of the same car without any HU.

I have achieved the same with my Dzire VDI which had a factory fitted system and I have replaced it with the Pioneer Model with built in USB support for Ipod control and Playback. The HU costed me 12K in India and I have also replaced the OEM speakers with Punch Ovals at the rear and Components in the fronts with Door dampning.

If you want to maintain the OEM look for the car also note the OEM HU has preouts so its quite simple to just add amplifiers to it, that is what i did before and i was satisfied with the sq. Obviously changing the HU should give you better sq than the OEM HU.

Yes as audiodelic has written that the OEM system has preouts and you can add an amplifier to it easily but the preout level is so week that its not able to give proper output to a connected amp. I have tried this myself and noticed a tremendious difference after the HU change. Also you don't have remote and bass management facility with the OEM system so this change here makes more sense.

Remote here means that the amp will be on through out whereas with a system with remote management it cuts off the amp as soon as we turn off the system.

Last edited:
Thanks audiodelic and ashishkesarwani !
1. What size speakers should I buy for front and back, if I do not want to cut the tray? 3 way or 2 way?
2. If I change the head unit to Pioneer or Alpine will loose factory fitted steering control of ICE?

front speakers can take 6.5", not sure about back

yes if its oem remote you will lose steering control

Now a days you can even integrate Stearing remote with any system you fit later on, atleat my Car Accessory guy has been doing the same for years.

Seeing some posts that mention US head units scan FM radio in even numbers and India the channel numbers have both even and odd, suspecting FM tuner from HU in US might be a issue?
Also for speakers what would be the maximum depth?

Seeing some posts that mention US head units scan FM radio in even numbers and India the channel numbers have both even and odd, suspecting FM tuner from HU in US might be a issue?
Also for speakers what would be the maximum depth?

Hello friends,

I have been following up so many forums now for my search...but found this one to be most suitable.
well I have bought a new Dzire vdi and its running really well.god bless.!!

Coming to my search.......I dont like its music system at all.Total crap.

Want to under stand few things:
1. If I only change the speakers to a good quality ones (budget 5000rs) will this help.Will this improve the sound quailty by not changing HU.
2. If I go for total replacement of Head unit, what would be cost of Console only. All other cost i have an idea now.
3. I dont want to fit any amp nor any tweeters.
4. Pls give me the best solution within a range of 5K - 6K.
5. Best & honest fitter in chandigarh is another requirement.

Please help me out of this crisis situation now.

Regards,
VFM

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back