Switch off

sub

Hi

To day is the day for switching of the electricity from 8.30 p.m to 9.30 p.m to reduce the global warming and i hope all our forum members know about it and do the same for a better world tomorrow (especially us).

Regards

Sub

Video: Panny 32 LCD, PS3, Sony DVP-NS78H, Samsung DVD-P365H, WDTV, Big TV.
Audio: Yamaha RX-V661, Sansui G-5000, Hand Made Towers for stereo, Pioneer Linear Power for HT with Onkyo SL-107 powered sub.

Doing the same here, and have requested my relatives, neighbors and friends to do the same in their areas and spread the message :).

CorElement: LED idea is good.

If i am not wrong, in Bangalore, the BESCOM is switchin the whole Residential and Corporate Power Cut Off...
And there was not a single objection for it...:clapping:

Even many Restaurants are offering specialty Candle Light dinner between 20:30 to 21:30 hrs...:licklips:

*** : EARTH HOUR : ***

Save Energy - Save Lifes

Plan for tonight:
1. Switch off power
2. Light candles
3. Tune up acoustic guitar
4. Play

20.29 & i still see many ppl out here..... dang it 20.30 !!! Run Guys, switchh offff!!!!

Hey i am a bit disappointed...

I thought that BESCOM will be cutting the Power Off for complete Bangalore...except Street Lights, or any imp places..

But there was no Power Cut...

Anyways, we switched off all the lights, only TV(IPL), the FAN and the Fridge were on, rest all were being switched off...

BESCOM could have cut the Power Off for one hour....

i did it folks, the first few mins were difficult but once my eyes got used to the darkness it was easy, in fact it was a very relaxing 1 hour, like a personal 1 hour vacation :) After a long time I and my better half were having a conversation without the interruption of tv or cell phones.

Hi

I thank one and all for responding to save earth campaign and we the forum members should try and save energy in any form as we are the ones who use energy (Electricity) a lot. My request is to plant a tree and prevent a tree being removed.

Regards

Sub

Audio: Yamaha RX-V661, Sansui G-5000, Hand Made Towers for stereo, Pioneer Linear Power for HT with Onkyo SL-107 powered sub.

Hi

I thank one and all for responding to save earth campaign and we the forum members should try and save energy in any form as we are the ones who use energy (Electricity) a lot. My request is to plant a tree and prevent a tree being removed.

Regards

Sub

Planting trees has become very essential. I have Planted 4 trees around my home ( some 10 years back) and now even in summer I dont feel the heat.Plant more trees be echo friendly.

Tharun.

thanks subu, we switched off the tube lights yesterday evening for one hour.

regards,

Hi

Regards

Sub

It was nice to stay without PC's, Light etc for about an hour. But I just don't stop there, I actively do these daily (Not switching off everything :D)

I always use Jute Bags for regular Supermarket shopping.

Also a passive member of Greenpeace and WWF. Have adopted a Amur Leopard . There are only a handful of them in the World and our own Bengal Tiger is in that very list.

Use Washing Machine at low temperatures and always put Plastic & Bottles into the Recycling area.

Has anyone got information on just how much energy was saved (measured, not estimated) in that one hour all over India (world) during the one hour switch-off? I would be keen to see how much impact consumer electricity consumption has on the overall power budget?

Back