System

george

Which is the best home thetare system to buy at below Rs 50,000. ANy guesses whether the prices would drop for the festive season

But is it better to go in for seperate components or go in for a full home theatre system from just one manufacturer like a Sony? Also what is the latest in Dolby system. Does one need to keep a look out for the latest ones. Where can one get to see the best range- is Croma good enough, as they seem to be keeping most of the stuff.

Seperates will definately give you more power and better sound quality but on the flip side they tend to cost a whole lot more than a HTIB.

Since your budget is 50K I would suggest you to visit your neartest Onkyo dealer and check out their range. A Yamaha amp with Wharfedale Diamond home cinema package can be had for 50-55K

Home theatre system

Vijay sales have announced a sale for the next 2 days on yamaha home theatre system. How good is YHT -7900. The package consists of HTR 6030+ NS 7900 + NS P 7900
They are also adding Philips DV Player DVP 3166. All this for Rs 28,990.
Is this a good package. Or is there any other better package.

You can consider something like:
a) Marantz SR-301 AV Receiver (12k)
b) Mordaunt-Short Avant Speakers - 4 x 902i, 1 x 905i (total: 27k or so)
c) Mordaunt Short 309i Subwoofer (17k)

You can then add a good DVD or Universal player of your choice (e.g. Pioneer, Denon, Marantz, Cambridge Audio, etc.)

Re: Home theatre system

Vijay sales have announced a sale for the next 2 days on yamaha home theatre system. How good is YHT -7900. The package consists of HTR 6030+ NS 7900 + NS P 7900
They are also adding Philips DV Player DVP 3166. All this for Rs 28,990.
Is this a good package. Or is there any other better package.

Geroge,

I'm afraid the system you mentioned above is a huge compromise.

Ideally, if budget is the constrain, you can always build a system step by step. Get an AVR + a pair of floorstanders to start with. You can definetly add the rest as and when you can spare some cash on them.

All the best.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back