T4P and P-mount cartriges same?

sudhirbhosale

Hi
Just bought Technics SLQ200 turntable. It has P-mount cartridge. Also known as T4P. So want to know are both (T4P, P-mount) mean same cartridge?
Which are best quality cartridges in this category? (Options in this type are limited)
Any pros and cons of this apart from no need of alignment

Thanks......

The TT comes with technics epc p30 cartridge for which difficult to get stylus. Should I still look for stylus or go for entire new cartridge. I found below two good wrt budget and details:
1. Audio-Technica Studio Reference Series 3003 phono cartridge
2. Audio-Technica 1001 phono cartridge (Studio Reference Series)

Are these better than current cartridges?

Thanks

T4P = P Mount.

Among vintage cartridges, Bang & Olufsen used to make some of the finest P Mounts (MMC 1 was top dog, closely followed by MMC 2).

In fact most famous cartridge manufacturers had p mounts in their line up, but I recall that Acutex M312 III was very highly regarded.

The audio technica is ok - I think all the model numbers are the same.
The only choices you have these days, is an A-T conical, A-T elliptical ( both the models you listed) and Shure M92E

if course you can buy a used one ( I have a stanton P mount) and some exotic jico stylus, but those are $$$$

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back