TAGA Harmony TAV-606 vs. Jamo S 426 HC 3

vikramv4u

Hi,

I am in a dilemma on which of the two to buy.. The TAGA is 3-way whereas the Jamo is 2-way.. Price is kinda similar.. Both are a 5.0 set.

I know it depends on personal preferences a lot, but based on factors such as brand, overall specs, quality etc. what do you recommend?

My usage will be more Music and less of movies and I am on a budget. I need a Floorstanding speaker set.

Also, since I have not been able to demo the TAGA, anyone here who has gone through a demo of both TAGA 606 and the Jamo 426?

Any place in Bangalore where the TAGA can be demoed?

Your opinions will be much valued..

Looking forward..

Thanks

Vikram

IMHO both the floor standers are not good for music, they are aimed at HT setup where fidelity is compromised.

If you want floor standers for Music, look for budget options like Pioneer FS52 or consider Dali/WharfeDale etc.

Just my 2 cents...

Regards,
Rajiv

You can also look at Elac Debut series. Price is reasonable (approx 62k for FS) and you get way better performance. There are plenty other options if you want a set of musical speakers.

Some questions to consider before you decide - what's your room size and what you will be using to drive the speakers, what kind of music you listen to etc? It's better that you carry your own music and audition as many as speakers as possible before making a choice. Bangalore has several good dealers. You can search the forum for the same.

You can also look at Elac Debut series. Price is reasonable (approx 62k for FS) and you get way better performance. There are plenty other options if you want a set of musical speakers.

Some questions to consider before you decide - what's your room size and what you will be using to drive the speakers, what kind of music you listen to etc? It's better that you carry your own music and audition as many as speakers as possible before making a choice. Bangalore has several good dealers. You can search the forum for the same.

Can u pls tell me some dealers in Pune for ELAC ?

benz: I was able to listen to it at Touchwood Automations, JM Road. If you are interested we could look at negotiating a deal for two sets.

I called them yesterday, they do not have any thing in BS speakers.

I am still finalizing which one to buy for BS and Int Amp, one of the options that I have finalized is Elac BS speakers. I can buy from there if we both can get good price from them.

I will contact you once I zero in on the components.

Hi , Every body has a different ear so after hearing various speaker brands ( polk, klipsch, wharfedale, dali, taga, pioneer and sonus) if Jamo S 426 sounds better to your ears and if you like it and it is within your budget .... then go ahead as it is very good value for money at Rs 25K and there is no end to increasing budget and upgrading as any thing can be improved upon.
So plz decide a budget- max 10 per cent plus / minus.... go for what sounds better in your budget.
Do post what you bought and for how are you liking it after a months use.

Last edited:
IMHO both the floor standers are not good for music, they are aimed at HT setup where fidelity is compromised.

If you want floor standers for Music, look for budget options like Pioneer FS52 or consider Dali/WharfeDale etc.

Just my 2 cents...

Thanks Rajiv! I did look at the FS-52 but didn't find the demo. Also, it is priced at some Rs. 28K for just the FS speakers without the Center and the Surround, so I guess the 5.0 package will come upto almost Rs. 40-45K it seems. I think this is slightly beyond my budget, but the Pioneer surely did tempt me, so many thanks for your input!

You can also look at Elac Debut series. Price is reasonable (approx 62k for FS) and you get way better performance.

Thanks, but budget is the key.. do not think I want to spend that much on my audio system, so Rs. 62K is kinda beyond.. but thanks for your input! Truly appreciate the time taken to post!

Hi , Every body has a different ear so after hearing various speaker brands ( polk, klipsch, wharfedale, dali, taga, pioneer and sonus) if Jamo S 426 sounds better to your ears and if you like it and it is within your budget .... then go ahead as it is very good value for money at Rs 25K and there is no end to increasing budget and upgrading as any thing can be improved upon.
So plz decide a budget- max 10 per cent plus / minus.... go for what sounds better in your budget.
Do post what you bought and for how are you liking it after a months use.

Totally agree and appreciate your views! Thank you!.. Doesnt look like I have many FS set options in my budget at this point, so I guess the Jamo S 426 maybe the way to go just purely because I have heard it! But let's see eventually.. but thanks again!

My two cents. I recently bought Taga Harmony Platinum surrounds for a Yamaha RXV 475 driven Dali Zensor 7 setup. Though I have not done extended music listening with the Tagas, I am inclined to think they are very good value for money considering specs, materials used, fit and finish. The platinum series also has got very good reviews in the German and Polish hifi press.

Harsha

Thanks Rajiv! I did look at the FS-52 but didn't find the demo. Also, it is priced at some Rs. 28K for just the FS speakers without the Center and the Surround, so I guess the 5.0 package will come upto almost Rs. 40-45K it seems. I think this is slightly beyond my budget, but the Pioneer surely did tempt me, so many thanks for your input!

Thanks, but budget is the key.. do not think I want to spend that much on my audio system, so Rs. 62K is kinda beyond.. but thanks for your input! Truly appreciate the time taken to post!

Totally agree and appreciate your views! Thank you!.. Doesnt look like I have many FS set options in my budget at this point, so I guess the Jamo S 426 maybe the way to go just purely because I have heard it! But let's see eventually.. but thanks again!

Hi

What did u buy and how is it working PLZ post experience, price n model .

Thanks

Hi

What did u buy and how is it working PLZ post experience, price n model .

Thanks

Hi,

I went ahead with the Jamo S426 5.0 set.. Got it for Rs. 26K from Cinebels.. Was a good experience of demo with them and suited my budget, so went ahead!

The experience so far has been good.. Watched a couple of movies and the sound is good. Only problem is I have not been able to fix my surround speakers at ear level, so they are at a height, which means they are almost virtual and not of too much use as such, so the experience isn't as it should be I guess.

But overall, so far my initial impressions are that it is a good buy if someone is tight on budget and want to go for FS without being very picky about the absolute nuances of sound.

Thanks!

Hi,

I went ahead with the Jamo S426 5.0 set.. Got it for Rs. 26K from Cinebels.. Was a good experience of demo with them and suited my budget, so went ahead!

The experience so far has been good.. Watched a couple of movies and the sound is good. Only problem is I have not been able to fix my surround speakers at ear level, so they are at a height, which means they are almost virtual and not of too much use as such, so the experience isn't as it should be I guess.

But overall, so far my initial impressions are that it is a good buy if someone is tight on budget and want to go for FS without being very picky about the absolute nuances of sound.

Thanks!

Congrats!
The surrounds need not be at ear level. The recommended surrounds placement is 1 or 2 feet above ear level.

Thank you!

Yes, I meant in my case, it is about 4-5 ft above and about 4-5 ft behind as well, as there was no other place.. so that's why I meant redundant :)

My two cents. I recently bought Taga Harmony Platinum surrounds for a Yamaha RXV 475 driven Dali Zensor 7 setup. Though I have not done extended music listening with the Tagas, I am inclined to think they are very good value for money considering specs, materials used, fit and finish. The platinum series also has got very good reviews in the German and Polish hifi press.

Harsha

buddy your setup looks very impressive, actually i myself is in the middle of looking for a 5.1 package where music and movies are equally my preference. Therefore, can u please share what all you have purchased and your experience so far with the same.

Hi,

Audition is the key before going for any setup...there are a lot of brands and models available which will impress you or disappoint you...you need to decide first what connectivity you want, requirements, how loud (performance) and at what price (budget) you are ready to spend...

basic Yamaha's start from 33k onwards and can run into lakhs..

You need to trust your ears, read a few reviews, take some advice from experts and make a decision..dont rush...decide slowly and wisely...

If budget is a challenge, there are forum members who sell good equipment for reasonable rates..check for sale by owner section or Hi Fi ads...

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back