Tamil audio cd hunt in Chennai

Tamilan

Hello all,

I will be in chennai next month. Can anyone guide me to some good deep collection audio cd shops in chennai? I need to do some hunting for 80s and 90s audio cds and if possible some LPs as well. Im sure many have tons of infos on this. Need to do AR Rahman collection as well from the 90s. Thanks in advance.

AVM Sound Zone - TTK Road , Near Naratha Gana Sabha

New Music India - Below Adyar Bridge (100 meters from ICICI Bank on the same side)

Starmark - Express Avenue Mall

If you are short of time - visit the above 3 first ..and then go for the below

Ritchie Street - 3 to 4 shops of distributors . A.B.Kumar - Empress Audio , 48 Wallers Rd . [email protected] , 09080857070 , 28516221 , 42037363

Connexions - Anna Nagar - 2nd Avenue , Rountana ,
Landmark - from Nalli Silks cross the road and go to the opposite side - go inside a lane for Connexions (100 meters from Towers - Tall bldg )

Raj Digital Vision - Thousand Lights

Sharathi Musicals & Electronics - No. 157/3, R.H. Road, Thiru Vi Ka Salai, Luz, Mylapore, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600004 . (2 minutes from LUZ corner , opp to lakshman shruti in mylapore)

lakshman sruthi - 72, 2nd Avenue, Off 100 Feet Road, Ashok Nagar, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600083

just to add -

New Music India - Below Adyar Bridge (100 meters from ICICI Bank on the same side) - has some old used cd's in stock ...ask him specifically for that ..its inside a room in the shop ...he may not show it to all the customers

Sharathi Musicals & Electronics - He has virtually everything ..on display in his shop ...70's to 90's to 2015 ....but its his own copy kept for recording ...its not for sale ...

Last edited:
AVM Sound Zone - TTK Road , Near Naratha Gana Sabha

New Music India - Below Adyar Bridge (100 meters from ICICI Bank on the same side)

Starmark - Express Avenue Mall

If you are short of time - visit the above 3 first ..and then go for the below

Ritchie Street - 3 to 4 shops of distributors . A.B.Kumar - Empress Audio , 48 Wallers Rd . [email protected] , 09080857070 , 28516221 , 42037363

Connexions - Anna Nagar - 2nd Avenue , Rountana ,
Landmark - from Nalli Silks cross the road and go to the opposite side - go inside a lane for Connexions (100 meters from Towers - Tall bldg )

Raj Digital Vision - Thousand Lights

Sharathi Musicals & Electronics - No. 157/3, R.H. Road, Thiru Vi Ka Salai, Luz, Mylapore, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600004 . (2 minutes from LUZ corner , opp to lakshman shruti in mylapore)

lakshman sruthi - 72, 2nd Avenue, Off 100 Feet Road, Ashok Nagar, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600083

Dts Muthusamy
Honeybee studios
Coimbatore
He even sends thru Cournier

tqvm brothers . Anymore to add?

I don't think Ilaiyaraaja banned. I just bought How to Name it and Nothing but wind at Sai Sangeet Hotel on the Ambur highway, while driving from Bangalore to Chennai.

On the other hand, I am curious to check out New Music India. Odyssey in Thiruvanmiyur only has the new CDs

raaja had some issue with Echo/Oriental ....that they were not giving him the royalties for digital format ....so he said that he is going to sell the rights to somebody else ....but old stock was still there in shops ...

Raaja along with the police raided shops selling original CD's and asked the police to confiscate cd's ....so shopkeepers got angry and decided not to stock raaja cd's ...

After two years or so ...this stock again came out ...so here and there you will find a few oriental cd's ...

Raaja failed to realise the impact of piracy on business ....he sold the rights to AGI Music ...but the latest is that he has problem with them also ...

correction in my earlier post - its Raj video vision not Raj digital vision

Last edited:
Hello all,

I will be in chennai next month. Can anyone guide me to some good deep collection audio cd shops in chennai? I need to do some hunting for 80s and 90s audio cds and if possible some LPs as well. Im sure many have tons of infos on this. Need to do AR Rahman collection as well from the 90s. Thanks in advance.

Still do they sell Tamil Audio CDs ?

I am looking for original Audio CDs in chennai.

It doesn't seem to be sold nowadays with the world moving towards streaming. Even earlier (3-4 years ago) since people started to consume in pen-drives, it was dwindling. I used to buy from Connexions near Vadapalani but they stopped selling CDs about 4-5 years ago

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back