Tannoy Monitor Gold 15 inch cabinets

Beautiful build. Thanks for sharing . Would you please share some details on the dimensions ( Height, Depth, Width and Port Diameter).
Anyways it gives me ideas on cabinet and finish for my Monitor Gold 12" build planned

The dimensions I gave are inside dimensions.

Thanks !

Prima Luna valve amplifier. Rega Planar 3 turntable. Emotiva Reference CD player. Cambridge Audio DAC. Major Internet radio cum Spotify player for streaming.

I mainly listen to western classical and Jazz music. Also retro rock.
Very nice..

Look forward to completion of the build..

16.25D x 18.75W x 53.25 H. (inches). Three ports. 4 inches diameter, 10.5 inches long. Tuned to 29 Hz. I'm actually using Aperiodic venting as used in the old Lockwood cabnets. With a shelf with felt lining below the driver, restricting flow to the ports which are in a chamber below. Usually Aperiodic vents are not tuned and have a shallow depth. However I'm tuning my ports to 29 Hz. I will test in my room and depending on how it sounds will stuff some or all the ports with sponge further enhancing the Aperiodic effect. That's only if the sound is too boomy. I may even seal the ports completely depending on how they sound.
The dimensions mentioned above are internal dimensions. External is bigger. External height of speaker is 55 inches (close to 5 feet).

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back