Tannoy speaker service

chubbix

hi the tweeter on my Tannoy Kensington is not working. these are 10 inch dual cone speakers in large cabinets. can anyone recommend a Tannoy service center? I am based in Chennai....what cud possibly be the problem?

hi the tweeter on my Tannoy Kensington is not working. these are 10 inch dual cone speakers in large cabinets. can anyone recommend a Tannoy service center? I am based in Chennai....what cud possibly be the problem?
Kripa electronics used to deal with Tannoys. Please try to contact Kripa Electronics, Mumbai.

please connect with the Tannoy service in UK and then progress on their direction. My guess is that the the issue can either be with the tweeter or the crossover...

i did connect with tannoy uk and havea service ticket..... nothing after that....strnge to say the least. will call HT store blore and see...

Be cautious about contacting Indian service centers of major audio brands, they are mostly franchisees with limited know-how run by typical business persons and focused on sales. This is unlike service centers in the western world where they are usually run by enthusiasts, tend to be experts and know things inside out.

Be cautious about contacting Indian service centers of major audio brands, they are mostly franchisees with limited know-how run by typical business persons and focused on sales. This is unlike service centers in the western world where they are usually run by enthusiasts, tend to be experts and know things inside out.
You may contact our fm sidewinder...I jst got my tannoy mg restored by him...he did a fabulous job and my speakers got a new life altogether...

i did connect with tannoy uk and havea service ticket..... nothing after that....strnge to say the least. will call HT store blore and see...
been over a mth and no responce from their third party customer support ie music tribe.....sadly tannoy does nt hav an email address on their site , although there is a phone number. does anyone know if Tannoy is still in businss? find this lack of rsponce strange for a high end company such as tannoy

been over a mth and no responce from their third party customer support ie music tribe.....sadly tannoy does nt hav an email address on their site , although there is a phone number. does anyone know if Tannoy is still in businss? find this lack of rsponce strange for a high end company such as tannoy its in business. Call the number and remind them a few times like we do here 😃. Btw where did you buy the tannoys from ?
Yes it is on business. Its a big speaker company. Call the number on the website or if u have already called give them a few reminders 😬. Or better still if tannoy has a official twitter or insta account please mention your issue there with service ticket. That should get you a reply. Tannoy to my mind are one of the few companies that keep spares to service old model speakers as well so its about getting their attention.

Yes it is on business. Its a big speaker company. Call the number on the website or if u have already called give them a few reminders 😬. Or better still if tannoy has a official twitter or insta account please mention your issue there with service ticket. That should get you a reply. Tannoy to my mind are one of the few companies that keep spares to service old model speakers as well so its about getting their attention.
read a report that Tannoy closed down....about 4 yrs ago. sad story. no wonder no one replies. The older reference series Tannoys will becmoe collectors items.

read a report that Tannoy closed down....about 4 yrs ago. sad story. no wonder no one replies. The older reference series Tannoys will becmoe collectors items.
Tannoy lives! The article was about shutdown of a plant.

They have a bustling pro-audio business too.

But it is odd that you wont get a reply. Try social media.

to the best of my knowledge Tanoy had only one plant in Scotland.....which other plant do they have?
No clue of whether they had just the one or multiple, but, they moved production from that particular plant to China.

Last edited:
I think the tannoy prestige line is in scotland but the rest was moved to china

I have a similar issue for my tannoy autograph mini. Contacted uk service (got a ticket#) team but no reply yet. Its in warranty. As I got this from Australia not sure how to proceed with the service. If I have to courier by DHL, they don't take speakers due to magnetic interference. Any tips appreciated?

I have a similar issue for my tannoy autograph mini. Contacted uk service (got a ticket#) team but no reply yet. Its in warranty. As I got this from Australia not sure how to proceed with the service. If I have to courier by DHL, they don't take speakers due to magnetic interference. Any tips appreciated?
there is no Tannoy service any more.... try a local repair shop who does high end brands.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back