TATA Indicom Broadband trying to dupe me again

rahuljonline

TATA Indicom broadband is threatening legal action against me and I recieved a mail from some "SK Banerjee Advocates" stating legal action against me for not paying their bill.
Now, I terminated my account in May, which was a prepaid account. And they are charging me for the period between 13th June to 12th July. Amazing, when they called up, the call centre people said they had no idea why this was so, and had no answers. And suddenly today the send me this letter.
Please suggest how I should proceed against these cheats.

PS: They also demand an addition 500 bucks for legal charges.

Goto your nearest Tata Indicom Office and get a printed statement of the last bill or any kind of statement, which mentions that you ended your connection on this day. They will not type any customized statements for you (they don't have that authority). Hence ask them if they can provide any reports they already have. (Don't mention to them about the lawyer's letter. Give them any crap reason).
Post or fax a copy of that statement to the lawyer.

How is a bill raised for a prepaid account? You pay and get your volume/bandwidth based on the plan you opt. Once it expires you may have to recharge. If you dont recharge the account becomes inactive or deleted. Something fishy if they are billing a prepaid account.

Last edited:
Tata Indicom is the worst ISP in India providing 3rd class service.......they blocked my vital office email account for a month for no fault of mine......

Please suggest how I should proceed against these cheats. PS: They also demand an addition 500 bucks for legal charges.

the best course of action would be to consult a lawyer. Of course, it all boils down to how much the bill amount is and how much you are ready to spend to prove you are right.

Cheers

Legal Services in India has become so expensive and time consuming that at the very end of the day the only person to gain out of it is the Lawyer who makes money out of air.......

Very difficult to get justice in such cases where you have to fight with a million dollar establisment like the Tatas.......thats our country and thats the reality .........

After several mail exchanges, they have have put the bill on hold, and said will get back to me as soon as possible. As expected, the fault was on there part, and no legal action is taken against me yet. The bill amount is only 580 bucks, but I'm not ready to pay it, because they have been unfair, unjust and unethical... I want to fight against them, come what may.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back