Tata Sky 4K sound Vs HD sound

kishanvkumar

Thinking of going for a Tata Sky connection, trying to decide whether its a HD connection vs 4K connection. Dont have a 4K TV yet,
Just wanted to enquire, on a 1080P TV, will 4K box give better clarity than HD Box? Also I have a 5.1 DTS HD MA setup. On a 4K box, is the sound spec better than the HD box? Will go for it, if there is a difference in audio or video spec (for a HD TV). Let me know if anyone experienced a Tata sky 4K box.

Other thing is, having currently Videocon D2h and getting really impatient to wait for HD channels. Just a year back, D2h had more HD channels than Tata Sky and now its reverse. Will D2h be able to add more HD channels soon?

Thanks.

None of the streaming services or DTH providers are giving anything beyond Dolby Digital.

Regarding picture quality, it will depend on the upscaler. I have certainly seen 1080p content look better on a 4K TV than on a FHD TV, but upscaling dependent on the quality of the AVR, HTPC, or the TV. In your case this will be a moot point, so IMHO 4K doesn't really give any additional benefits for you.

Hi kishanvkumar,

You can read posts on Hathway goes Digital in Bangalore.....there are 50 channels being offered.....I get the same in Mumbai and quite happy with the SQ and PQ.

Both will offered adulterated (butchered) Dolby Digital Plus sound. Better go for HD PVR and write to CEO to stop butchering audio so we get original passed through.

I do agree that there is some adulteration. This is due to settings done on settop box....I did some changes and I go get proper DD coming for most of the channels I view and it lights up on the AVR.....

I do agree that there is some adulteration. This is due to settings done on settop box....I did some changes and I go get proper DD coming for most of the channels I view and it lights up on the AVR.....
Buddy extremely heavy adulteration is done by Tatasky NOC team through "special equipment" which strips DD audio, does DRC, strips volume offset (which properly set volume for each content in sequence) and recompress to DD+ (earlier it was recompression to DD).

None of this is related to STB!

It has nothing to do with your AVR "lighting up" DD or DD+ :)

Buddy extremely heavy adulteration is done by Tatasky NOC team through "special equipment" which strips DD audio, does DRC, strips volume offset (which properly set volume for each content in sequence) and recompress to DD+ (earlier it was recompression to DD).

None of this is related to STB!

It has nothing to do with your AVR "lighting up" DD or DD+ :)

I am planning for go in for a TataSky HD connection. This will be connected to Onkyo HT. Is there something that I should look out for during the installation?

I have the tatasky 4k set top box. And till 4 months back, when I last checked, there was no 4k content at all. So don't know if it's any different now. So I have plugged the Ethernet cable directly to my LG smart TV. And watch 4k content from Netflix for 800 rs a month. The sound is limited to Dolby digital, but picture quality of 4k productions is good. Especially Marco polo that I watch. I really don't find the need for the tatasky 4k anymore. So my advise would be to go for a normal HD connection and save some money till you upgrade to a 4k TV, at which point the tatasky almost becomes redundant expect for news and sports broadcast.

I have the tatasky 4k set top box. And till 4 months back, when I last checked, there was no 4k content at all. So don't know if it's any different now. So I have plugged the Ethernet cable directly to my LG smart TV. And watch 4k content from Netflix for 800 rs a month. The sound is limited to Dolby digital, but picture quality of 4k productions is good. Especially Marco polo that I watch. I really don't find the need for the tatasky 4k anymore. So my advise would be to go for a normal HD connection and save some money till you upgrade to a 4k TV, at which point the tatasky almost becomes redundant expect for news and sports broadcast.

Even DD Audio in Netflix is far superior because there is usually no adulteration. You will get DD+ if connected to external players like Oppo BDP 103 (no 4K though) through HDMI.

Which ISP are you using? I struggle to get 1080p on Spectranet 100Mbps fiber. Have unsubscribed as neither Spectranet nor Netflix were able to fix. Youtube 4k has no issues.

Back