Tata Sky+ or Airtel HD? Which would be a better option?

goyal.sanchit

Hello everyone

I am currently planning to shift to DTH and thus would like your views on what would be better TATA SKY+ or Airtel HD for the usage which I would be mentioning in detail.

I do understand that similar questions have been asked in the past and it can get a bit frustrating to answer each time but IMO each people have different uses and likes thus what might have been best for some might not be good for others. Thus I would like to know your feedback based on the points below. :)

Companies to be considered- TATA SKY+ and Airtel HD

Important criteria-

Customer service and subscribing to packs/opting out recharge etc etc should be hassle free.

Another important thing is that there would be 5 working televisions in our home and thus would require atleast 3 connections while other 2 can be configured to show the same channel with other TV. In that case which option would be the most economical?

One connection might be SD, One HD DVR and one just HD.

Would appreciate some feedback based on above inputs.

Regards

Customer service and subscribing to packs/opting out recharge etc etc should be hassle free.

That wud be Tata Sky, Speaking personally using TS for 3 and half yrs and no issues, recently upgraded to TS+ HD

Another important thing is that there would be 5 working televisions in our home and thus would require atleast 3 connections while other 2 can be configured to show the same channel with other TV. In that case which option would be the most economical?

Multi TV wud cost Rs 160 in TS & Airtel, However in Airtel u wont get the same channels in ur secondary TV in case u add Top ups in ur primary TV. In case of TS, all the channels subscribed whether Addons or Alacarte wud be on the secondary connection as well.

There is an offer for Biennal Mega Lite Pack which costs Rs 9990 for 2 yrs and includes all the channels in TS except Topper and 15 Sun channels, u get Rs 500 off of Multi TV connection plus FREE waiver of services charges and 24 Showcase Movies for 2 years

P.S: These is my personal experience.

Thanks !

That wud be Tata Sky, Speaking personally using TS for 3 and half yrs and no issues, recently upgraded to TS+ HD

Thanks !

that will depend on where you live, my experience with tatasky is one of the worse ever. They dont have any engineer here and seems they have to come from bangalore.last time one guy came from bangalore after 20 days since i registered a complaint and he didnt even know how to check the signal strength. i told him how to access the menu. They coudnt do anything about my 50-60% signal quality (even when when it is sunny) and
subsequentvery often signal loss in HD channels , simply lost 125 rs(visit fee) for nothing

now am waiting for someone to come for the last two weeks . my stb is not outputting in hdmi, only component, may be it will take another month like last time

I paid for an installation 3 weeks back and yet to get even a single call from Tata Sky. May be their geography is limited to North.

Trying to go for the Airtel or Videocon.

That is basically the issue we cant be sure about the service of ANY company as it vary discretely from place to place and customer to customer.

Personally I have been using Airtel Broadband for the past 5-6 years and there service has been nothing less than excellent. But I cannot be sure about the Digital TV as that would be handled by some another department!

Maybe then I should take gamble with the service and decide on other factors.

- Availability of addon channels on all TV looks a + point for TATA Sky.

- Universal remote and Ability to set recording on via SMS looks to be in favour of airtel. (Or is it available with Tata sky also?)

How do these fair when it comes to HD and SD channels?

Regards

that will depend on where you live, my experience with tatasky is one of the worse ever. They dont have any engineer here and seems they have to come from bangalore.last time one guy came from bangalore after 20 days since i registered a complaint and he didnt even know how to check the signal strength. i told him how to access the menu. They coudnt do anything about my 50-60% signal quality (even when when it is sunny) and
subsequentvery often signal loss in HD channels , simply lost 125 rs(visit fee) for nothing

now am waiting for someone to come for the last two weeks . my stb is not outputting in hdmi, only component, may be it will take another month like last time

That is why I quoted.. Personal experience.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back