Tata Sky Plus +

To prevent piracy, the feature to copy the recorded content to another media in a straight forward manner is missing.Even though there are USB and Network ports on the back of the TS+ set top box. These are disabled for now.

Any guess if they would be enabled in future and put to what use ?

dear swafa, i called up tata sky and they say these ports will be enabled later on but when, is a guess anyway theydon't seem to be well informed bunch. even if they are enabled, i guess they will again charge something to keep us on the hook, afterall there is no such thing as Free Lunch, as one management guru said.

Before that check the credentials of that local Cable (STB) guy. I have seen at many places , this business is operated by local 'gundas' and 'bhais' . The cheat everybody, they show less number of connections (hardly 25% of total connections) to channel operators , the cheat Govt by not paying legitimate taxes (entertainment tax, service tax and Income Tax) . Further the money the make in this business again goes back to illegal / criminal activities.

If your 'Local Guy' is one such then you are indirectly supporting those crimes and illegal activities!

On technical fronts, equipments are outdated, they don't have power backup to run the show during power failures. They go on giving connections after connections without bothering about signal loss.

Of course there are some good Cable operators who do legitimate business and provide good service.

dear Suhas,
Agreed! you have a valid point and good moral ground to avoid these cablewallas, dear Libran pls take note. Anyway, the choice of course is of the buyer, but the fact is true, all the cash dealings somehow find their way into the underworld activities and as responsible citizens it is our duty to act responsibly.
Anyways, besides the point, more & more satisfied viewers will certainly tempt others to go for TSKY + why record? becoz there are of course some good programmes like(for me) Discovery, NG etc. that even if repeated, may be not at your convenient time!
Nevertheless, to buy or not is always personal decisions and every coin has two faces!

Yes you can..that's one of the reasons my daughter subscribed to it..don't watch much TV myself

dear sir,;)
a twist to the query just replied; can we record-pause(while the Ads pass on) then record again, of for this we have to sit down; so that the Ads are totally eliminated in the saved copy. I used to do this with VCR.

hi,
i am using a vcr/dvd recorder combo to record the progs currently thru Tatasky but the problem is that u cannot change channels or set up a perfect timer.Moreover some progs of national geog,history channel can be stored for future viewing.that is why i was asking whether we can re -record the progs recorded on the Plus set top box thru av-out onto a dvd r or a video cassette.

why to re-record the recorded programme, cant we just check if the running programme can be recorded on VCR via AV out of TV?

hi,
has anyone tried to record the signals thru TataSky + via the AV out of your tv onto a DVD Recorder or VCR.Is it possible because Tatasky + site mentions that you cannot transfer the recordings to an external device(By using AV out on tv ;we are bypassing tatasky + totally)?

today i wired up my TV with the Tatasky AV input cables routed via the VCR and was able to record any programme, BUT the picture was kind of shaky, although the reception via VCR was as good as direct to TV but may be my VCR was lying in the dump and probable had not been even dusted for 5-6 years thats why the rec. PQ was shaky perhaps if i have it serviced (but then which service shop will even accept to service it?
I think its a question of if one really is keen on spending 6K (in exchange) for TSKY+ box and remain its subscriber to enjoy the added features since if you do not have the dish signal coming in you cannot even watch recorded programmes, so you have to be wedded to them even if you only wish to view your saved recordings!! take your choice!

hi,
i am using a vcr/dvd recorder combo to record the progs currently thru Tatasky but the problem is that u cannot change channels or set up a perfect timer.Moreover some progs of national geog,history channel can be stored for future viewing.that is why i was asking whether we can re -record the progs recorded on the Plus set top box thru av-out onto a dvd r or a video cassette.

what is this VCR DVD recorder combo? and why are you recording on VCR, is it good quality, plus isnt it,the VHS cassettes cost more than the DVD R/W!? today i tried to record on VHS but PQ was shaky, may be the vcr was dusty and unserviced, but tell me about your set up, it may be better though of course the time programming may need some brainstorming!

hi,
its a LG DVD REC\VCR Combo which i purchased from Dubai.
But am not satisfied with its quality...the dvd recorder section started malfunctioning within 6 months & was replaced fully by LG. but again it has started to give trouble.so am forced to record on VCR.the timer rec is not possible thru the Tatasky set top box as u cannot use the tuner of your dvdrec or vcr in combination with the tatasky set top.i use the timer on my set but have to leave the tatasky set top on & on the channel which i want to record.Also u cannot change channels on tatasky while recording.Your recorded shaky picture shud definitely be due to dirty head of the vcr as u hv rightly pointed out.

what is this VCR DVD recorder combo? and why are you recording on VCR, is it good quality, plus isnt it,the VHS cassettes cost more than the DVD R/W!? today i tried to record on VHS but PQ was shaky, may be the vcr was dusty and unserviced, but tell me about your set up, it may be better though of course the time programming may need some brainstorming!

hi,
has anyone tried to record the signals thru TataSky + via the AV out of your tv onto a DVD Recorder or VCR.Is it possible because Tatasky + site mentions that you cannot transfer the recordings to an external device(By using AV out on tv ;we are bypassing tatasky + totally)?

Dear Euclid: hope you read the yesterday mail from me. i got the recording by feeding the AV output from Tata STB into VCR and then took out the VCR output into the TV, but i guess doing this on VCR is not a proper solution, it only satisfies your curiousity thats all! but is quite a cumbersome way to record programmes and the timing may be unreliable since channel selection and timing mechanism will not be compatible with dish signalling.
In conclusion, i think if one is obsessed about recording the tata sky or for that matter any other broadcast then one has to rely only on the set up supplied by them which in present time is only tata sky plus! At an exchange price of Rs.6000 i guess it is rightly priced but then cost and price are subjective matter with us indian consumer who do not have a wide choice of products and services to choose from.

Dear Euclid: hope you read the yesterday mail from me. i got the recording by feeding the AV output from Tata STB into VCR and then took out the VCR output into the TV, but i guess doing this on VCR is not a proper solution, it only satisfies your curiousity thats all! but is quite a cumbersome way to record programmes and the timing may be unreliable since channel selection and timing mechanism will not be compatible with dish signalling.
In conclusion, i think if one is obsessed about recording the tata sky or for that matter any other broadcast then one has to rely only on the set up supplied by them which in present time is only tata sky plus! At an exchange price of Rs.6000 i guess it is rightly priced but then cost and price are subjective matter with us indian consumer who do not have a wide choice of products and services to choose from.
Dear Pradeep,
u are absolutely spot on there.it is very cumbersome....but the fact is that the way these business minded operators "operate";u do not always feel confident about the deal they give.I was one of the earliest subscribers of Tata sky & did not get any offers ....& within months the newer subscribers were getting more than 6 months of subscription free!!!!
Today they may be giving the new set top for 6000 to the existing customers but u never know....the next month itself they may start offering it for less or with other freebies for newer customers.
The hard truth is...Initial customers get the raw deal(i hv at least faced this & never got a loyalty reward )

Dear Pradeep,
u are absolutely spot on there.it is very cumbersome....but the fact is that the way these business minded operators "operate";u do not always feel confident about the deal they give.I was one of the earliest subscribers of Tata sky & did not get any offers ....& within months the newer subscribers were getting more than 6 months of subscription free!!!!
Today they may be giving the new set top for 6000 to the existing customers but u never know....the next month itself they may start offering it for less or with other freebies for newer customers.
The hard truth is...Initial customers get the raw deal(i hv at least faced this & never got a loyalty reward )

thank you euclid and i fully agree with you since i am also one of the early customers- the whole market place is just clever commerce pitted against the human tendency to be first with the best gadget with most features and desire to obtain the unique and distinguished goods. i am not against consumerism (i am a marketing manager myself for machinery) but in India we generally do not have adequate protection and laws to safeguard customers and plus we do not have a large kitty of products to make judicious choice.

I stay overseas but have my DVD HDD recorder connected to the STB. I am able to record all programs coming via the STB. Only problem is that I cant watch one channel and record other as if I change the channel on STB the recorder picks up the signal of the new channel.

The DVD recorder is good for recording if you are not at home or want to record something that is shown late at night.

Spiderman

gr8! :clapping:
do you like it?

love it! had big tv earlier, although pic quality is as good as big tv, the software and interface is miles ahead of any other dth.

plus, the recording features are superb.

but got the bad news today. tata sky hav increased channel rates. :(

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back