TCL 65X4 65inch 4k Tv!

You can confirm the warranty by calling 18004190622 or email them at [email protected] once you are in India as it may change but I think TCL offers Standard warranty of 3 years which is printed even on the Box it came in, I do not think they have any exchange offers.

As for Android box you should look no further than Firestick 4k from Amazon, Its offers amazing quality for the price and full support in case anything goes wrong.
Tv is on Oreo(8.0) currently but Update to Android 9.0 (Pie) is in process and may be done in few months.
I updated it using USB as I am not sure if OTA update works in India.
I have just tried a 1TB HDD and it is detected.
SOE is pretty common on almost all TCL tv and you can search about it on Google so Model does not matter,
QLED is class apart from 65c2us and amazing for the price.

take care.

I asked the TCL store rep and he says TV can be upgraded to the latest software on line.
I'm placing order for the Amazon fire stick, please advise if its working fine with the TV.
Please also advise if TV has analog connection white and red at the back, I intend to connect my Tower speakers with built in amp to the TV.

Thanks in advance for all the feedback.

I asked the TCL store rep and he says TV can be upgraded to the latest software on line.
I'm placing order for the Amazon fire stick, please advise if its working fine with the TV.
Please also advise if TV has analog connection white and red at the back, I intend to connect my Tower speakers with built in amp to the TV.

Thanks in advance for all the feedback.
Ordered 4K fire stick from Amazon lightening deal for 4500/-
Which apps you would recommend to download in the fire stick?

Fire stick will work fine and has all apps available like hotstar, zee5 , Sonyliv etc, I am right now away will send you the photo for available slots as not sure it have av in-out.

Thanks Manav,

TCL guy told me that it does have analog connection at the back, just wanted confirmation from you or if any issues.
Don't bother much as I can check behind the TV once the installion guy here.

Thanks Manav,

TCL guy told me that it does have analog connection at the back, just wanted confirmation from you or if any issues.
Don't bother much as I can check behind the TV once the installion guy here.
I believe AV is there as its shown in the soures too, I tried but could not reach behind to check as tv is wall mounted.

It seems that they launching same model under iffalcon brand on 15 may.

iFFALCON by TCL V2A 163.8cm (65 inch) Ultra HD (4K) QLED Smart Android TV

there seems to be slight difference in panel or back lighting I think as Iffalcon supports Micro Dimming and not local Dimming , also 1 year warranty. also the brightness of 400 nits sounds pretty low, not sure how much is actual brightness on TCL one, but it looks pretty much same Tv repackaged for Iffalcon with less warranty.

there seems to be slight difference in panel or back lighting I think as Iffalcon supports Micro Dimming and not local Dimming , also 1 year warranty. also the brightness of 400 nits sounds pretty low, not sure how much is actual brightness on TCL one, but it looks pretty much same Tv repackaged for Iffalcon with less warranty.
I think x4 is Edge lit. Not sure if it has 'actual local dimming'.

its not edge lit, I have tested it personally. even the iffaclon one is listed as dled on fkart
Obviously it's edge lit..look at the thickness of the top half panel...no ways they can put leds in that...
It's all the false ads to attract customers with half knowledge..

Iffalcon has Onkyo speakers and not Harman Kardon, may be some description error..
Flipkart is selling for less than Amazon.

Iffalcon has Onkyo speakers and not Harman Kardon, may be some description error..
Flipkart is selling for less than Amazon.

No, Onkyo is not a mistake.
All latest (2019) TCL TV lineups that have built-in sound-bar speakers are by Onkyo and have replaced earlier lineups' Harman-Kardon speakers.
So, X4 has become X7 in Australia and has Onkyo speakers along with same/better??? panel, but increased brightness levels and other small upgrades (not sure about panel though). Also, the newest models of TCL TVs (mid/late 2018 onwards) boast something called iPQ engine "a new iPQ Engine™ for controlled and precise color reproduction". iPQ is not available in Indian models launched in 2018, because in reality they are early 2018 or mid/late 2017 models launched in other markets.
Now here it becomes interesting. Even though iFfalcon 65 V2A looks exactly like TCL 65X4, Flipkart website say V2A has Onkyo speakers, also to my surprise, they say, it has iPQ engine. But, it's brightness is just 400nits unlike aforementioned X7 that has 680nits. So, what I believe is that iFfalcon V2A has same panel & body as X4, but few upgrades as compared to X4. It looks like iFfalcon is more of a modified X7 than X4 except brightness.
Same models produced by TCL selling under iFfalcon brand are cheaper because of the bargaining capacity of the vendor i.e. Flipkart.
Flipkart can push a way more units than TCL.

Also, let me burst some bubbles here:

1. Panel Manufacturing:
Yes it is tru that TCL manufactures panels, a lot of them. But, know X4, X7 or iFfalcon don't contain panels made by TCL. Since QLED is Samsung's tech, TCL gets QLED panel's from Samsung. They are cheaper than Samsung TVs for many reasons. 1st Samsung is a big brand and its price structure is not to sell more units for cheap, but to sell more units at higher price and make more money. Also, their marketing cost comes as a burden that has to paid by the consumer. Nonetheless, to sell TVs with panels that are made by Samsung 1/2 the price of which Samsung's 65" QLED TV from the cheapest/entry level lineup i.e. Q6, TCL has to compromise on something. And that something is the Generation. TCL must be buying 2-3 years old tech from Samsung.
You, may also check TCL India's upcoming C6 series. 55" model at https://www.tcl.com/in/en/products/c6/c6-55.html and 65" model https://www.tcl.com/in/en/products/c6/c6-65.html. Both models are made by different company but not TCL, 55 is made by AUO, and 65 is made by Samsung.
Unless it says CSOT, it is not made by TCL.

2. CPU & GPU:
TCL has not upgraded its Processor and Graphic Processor in years. What we are getting in most of the models is ARM's A53 processor and Mali T860 GPU. Which is a 2015 product. It is not a huge concern as long as TCL matches software & hardware level developments that don't require newer faster and better CPU & GPU. But, it is worth considering. So, in India, TCL P2MUS - 2017, iFfalcon K2A - 2018, TCL X4 - 2018, iFfalcon V2A, all contain same CPU & GPU.

3. DLED vs ELED, & different Dimming techs.
First of all, no, neither X4 nor V2A have DLED.
It is ELED and not DLED because of 2 reasons.
a. It is not possible to have DLED in such a thing built without shooting up the cost significantly.
Even Samsung didn't provide DLED in its OLED TV except the highest QLED series Q8 of 2018. Although in 2019 models DLED starts with Q70 series. But, still no DLED in Q6 or Q60. And 65" Q60 (2019) is about 2 lakh in local stores, not available online yet.
b. TCL & iFfalcon mentions the dimming provided in QLED models are two kind. A. Micro Dimming and B. Local Dimming.
Now, let me clarify. It is a combination of Contrast, Brightness and (possibly) color tweaking to give a better picture.
Now, Local Dimming. YES, it is there in X4 and V2A. It is the form of LED backlight dimming and it divides LEDs into zones. But, Local Dimming doesn't equal to DLED. The fact that the manufactures mention and highlights Local Dimming as the feature, it itself suggest it is an ELED backlit panel and not DLED. Because LED dimming in an ELED lit display is termed "Local Dimming" and LED Dimming in a DLED lit Display is termed "Full Array Local Dimming/ FLAD". There is no reason for TCL to downplay FLAD as Local Dimming. Actually it is opposite, it can sell more TVs and sell TVs for higher prices when it mentions FLAD.
But, don't get discouraged by this, TCL is very advanced in its all dimming technologies. Their Micro Dimming and Local Dimming (ELED) are far better than almost all other brands. Unfortunately we are not getting the 6 series models that TCL sells in the US. Those contain FLAD and they are fabulous.

P.S.:
iFfalcon V2A with Launch offer was just for 89,999.
Unfortunately it is "Not Deliverable" for my PinCode.
Otherwise I wanted to buy it right away.

Just seen samsung new qled range(q60r,q70r ,q80 etc) on paytm and tatacliq.seems that they have downgrade some speq and lowered the price.now we getting 10% diss but it will go to 30 to 40 upto diwali.it will better choice than ifallcon or tcl.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back