TCL 65X4 65inch 4k Tv!

can you post a review on the HDR performance of the tv?
I have watched Made in Heaven which is HDR10 on Prime Video (Nvidia Shield) also some movies on netflix like Highwayman and Liked how lively and vivid the colors are also the Brightness is great, as earlier said I have not had an option to compare with high end TV from LG/Sony/Samsung etc so not sure how it compares with them but this sure is best Bang for buck.
only issue so far is the native android 8.0 software which looks kindda dark from my liking and lags sometimes but I use Nvidia shield so no complaints, Also there is an issue with Soap Opera effect which is present in many TV from TCL so have to use Gaming Picture preset or manually shut down judder each time you watch a movie.

Congratulations Manav on your recent purchase.
My Plasma VT20 is having issues with two vertical bands and I also have short listed this TV, its no longer available in Tata Cliq.
Amazon is selling it for 10900 with 18 months warranty only.:oops:
Where else can I get three years warranty?

I thought after updating the TV, these issues are gone?
How are the HD contents playing from DTH connection, any glitches/ Soap opera effect?
I've Tata sky DTH at home and would like to know if there will be any glitches/bleeding while watching HD and SD contents.
Is the TV detecting your Hard Drive (what capacity) and USB stick?

Thanks in advance.

Congratulations Manav on your recent purchase.
My Plasma VT20 is having issues with two vertical bands and I also have short listed this TV, its no longer available in Tata Cliq.
Amazon is selling it for 10900 with 18 months warranty only.:oops:
Where else can I get three years warranty?

I thought after updating the TV, these issues are gone?
How are the HD contents playing from DTH connection, any glitches/ Soap opera effect?
I've Tata sky DTH at home and would like to know if there will be any glitches/bleeding while watching HD and SD contents.
Is the TV detecting your Hard Drive (what capacity) and USB stick?

Thanks in advance.
thanks, you can buy it directly form TCL https://www.tclstore.in/tcl-65x4us-qled-tv-gray.

I have updated it manually to latest version but seems like Soap Opera effect is still there for HDR content.
regular DTH content looks good as well no complaints, SOE can be taken care off if you switch to Game or PC mode as it does not have preset for it.
I have not noticed any glitches/bleeding on HD/SD but I do not watch regular cable for longer than a hour or so for news or may be some IPL matches but no complaints, it is much much better than outgoing VU 65" Iconium. I have not tried HDD but USB gets detected without any issue. will let you know about hdd detection in few hours.

My Only recommendation is using a Android box along with it and not depending on system software as it lags a bit which is common with low range TV.

Thanks for the feedback manav and much appreciated.
Please confirm that TCL is giving 3 years warranty if I purchase it directly from them, also advise if they will take my old Panasonic Plasma and offer any discount.
I,m abroad at the moment and will order the TV in the last week of this month. Which android box should I buy that supports Amazon Prime.
I'll check in China if I can get one.
What is the latest android version the TV is working on?
How did you update the firmware online or using USB?
What capacity USB drive the TV is able to detect?
Picture quality in QLED TCL, must be much better than 4K TCL(https://www.tclstore.in/tcl-65c2us-4k-ultra-hd-smart-led-tv)
What is your opinion - Is the soap opera effect present in TCL 4K TV also?
Thanks in advance.
thanks, you can buy it directly form TCL https://www.tclstore.in/tcl-65x4us-qled-tv-gray.

I have updated it manually to latest version but seems like Soap Opera effect is still there for HDR content.
regular DTH content looks good as well no complaints, SOE can be taken care off if you switch to Game or PC mode as it does not have preset for it.
I have not noticed any glitches/bleeding on HD/SD but I do not watch regular cable for longer than a hour or so for news or may be some IPL matches but no complaints, it is much much better than outgoing VU 65" Iconium. I have not tried HDD but USB gets detected without any issue. will let you know about hdd detection in few hours.

My Only recommendation is using a Android box along with it and not depending on system software as it lags a bit which is common with low range TV.

Thanks for the feedback manav and much appreciated.
Please confirm that TCL is giving 3 years warranty if I purchase it directly from them, also advise if they will take my old Panasonic Plasma and offer any discount.
I,m abroad at the moment and will order the TV in the last week of this month. Which android box should I buy that supports Amazon Prime.
I'll check in China if I can get one.
What is the latest android version the TV is working on?
How did you update the firmware online or using USB?
What capacity USB drive the TV is able to detect?
Picture quality in QLED TCL, must be much better than 4K TCL(https://www.tclstore.in/tcl-65c2us-4k-ultra-hd-smart-led-tv)
What is your opinion - Is the soap opera effect present in TCL 4K TV also?
Thanks in advance.
You can confirm the warranty by calling 18004190622 or email them at [email protected] once you are in India as it may change but I think TCL offers Standard warranty of 3 years which is printed even on the Box it came in, I do not think they have any exchange offers.

As for Android box you should look no further than Firestick 4k from Amazon, Its offers amazing quality for the price and full support in case anything goes wrong.
Tv is on Oreo(8.0) currently but Update to Android 9.0 (Pie) is in process and may be done in few months.
I updated it using USB as I am not sure if OTA update works in India.
I have just tried a 1TB HDD and it is detected.
SOE is pretty common on almost all TCL tv and you can search about it on Google so Model does not matter,
QLED is class apart from 65c2us and amazing for the price.

take care.

Amazon has jacked up the price to 115990 now.
TCL store is showing 104990, please advise if I should settle for this price or can expect further discount/exchange offer etc on it.

Regards

Amazon has jacked up the price to 115990 now.
TCL store is showing 104990, please advise if I should settle for this price or can expect further discount/exchange offer etc on it.

Regards
Rs 104990 is gud, I bought at Rs 109500/- but got 2 extra years as warranty.

I can understand from your mails that you are happy with 65 X4.
What is your overall android watching experience on this TV, I believe android 9 can be installed on this TV once available.
So many complains about the TCL after sale services, I'm thinking of buying a non android TV and using Amazon fire stick with it.
Appreciate your two cents.
I have shortlisted Panasonic Smart TV TH-65FX600D

I can understand from your mails that you are happy with 65 X4.
What is your overall android watching experience on this TV, I believe android 9 can be installed on this TV once available.
So many complains about the TCL after sale services, I'm thinking of buying a non android TV and using Amazon fire stick with it.
Appreciate your two cents.
I have shortlisted Panasonic Smart TV TH-65FX600D

Yes I am satisfied with the performance of TV but like I said I do not use inbuilt Android as it lags a bit which is usual with all low end Tv.
I have no complaints about the after sales so far as not had much issue yet, just raised ticket for installation which was taken care of within few hours and also received feedback calls for the same. also do not go by the feedback on Amazon as 90% of 1 and 2 stars are related to installation which is usually done by local guys,

Hi Manav,

Read the Iffalcon Tv thread and it seams there are lot of issues like sound, remote and hard drive detection.
Few are having issues after updating to Oreo and some have rolled back to the original version 7 which came preinstalled with TV.
I'll be back in India next week and would appreciate further feedback on X4. Should I go ahead and book the TV, presently not available in Amazon?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Manav,

Read the Iffalcon Tv thread and it seams there are lot of issues like sound, remote and hard drive detection.
Few are having issues after updating to Oreo and some have rolled back to the original version 7 which came preinstalled with TV.
I'll be back in India next week and would appreciate further feedback on X4. Should I go ahead and book the TV, presently not available in Amazon?

Thanks in advance.
Iffalcon is a subsidiary of TCL for budget TV (cheap 4k) even though TCL tv is itself not very expensive but I believe they must be different in hardware used and support, I have yet to face any issue and enjoying it very much but I remind you I do not use TV's Smart capability or inbuilt Android as its laggy with almost all the TV, as for availability its out of stock everywhere so they may be preparing for a new qled to be launched soon X6 may be.

it was a limited time offer I suppose.
Thank you for letting us know

Was it available as a pre-selected offer in TQ or did you have to do some haggling etc to get it? Asking as I can decide whether i should go for tcl instead of vu and wait for such an offer in the future and how to recognize it if it is there

Thank you for letting us know

Was it available as a pre-selected offer in TQ or did you have to do some haggling etc to get it? Asking as I can decide whether i should go for tcl instead of vu and wait for such an offer in the future and how to recognize it if it is there
it was a pre selected offer. its very often on Tata cliq with all electronics, but in any case Vu has 1 year warranty and TCL has 3 year standard warranty, TCL is manufacturer of its own Panels, 3rd largest in the world and VU just rebrand Hisense TV.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back