TCL L65P2MUS SPDIF Out Crackling Sound Issue

coolraghav

Hey Guys!

I own TCL L65P2MUS since mid 2017 and I have wonderful experience with TV experience and eagerly waiting for their 85 inch to launch so I can purchase asap. (price budgetary point)

However there is a problem I am facing since I bought this TV and I have checked even others* are facing the same issue.

I’m getting the crackling sound when connecting my TV to my receiver via S/PDIF (Optical) .. It sounds ok when watching a show and characters are just talking but whenever there is music playing or anything that would include bass, there is a major crackling sound. Now this happens even when the volume is down low. It’s like the distortion signal is coming out of the TV and feeding into the AVR. (Tried Denon and Marantz Receivers both)

It is not even a cable issue, because I have changed cables twice and even tried with CL3 Rated cable bought from Amz last week. So because of this issue, I have not been able to use any Smart Features of the TV and rather rely on Fire Stick or Chromecast which is directly connected to my AVR.

Saw over the internet there is some firmware update which fixes the problem for others models.. I am not trying to load that firmware because it is not for the same model.

Let me know if anyone have the solution.

TIA Guys!

Regards,
* -> https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2689350

// Also emailed TCL for possible solution

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back