TCL launching 4k QLED 10th June 2020

Source TCL Electronics Facebook
“A truly rich and immersive experience that you don't just watch but live!
Get ready for the next level of immersive entertainment that will go #BeyondYourImagination

Follow our page to stay updated on what's being revealed soon.
#TCL #TheCreativeLife”
They have not declared exactly what they are launching
Nokia and Realme also entered I am holding my all decisions by next month we will have mi 5 pro as well
Wait and watch if you a month to hold on to

4k QLED is nothing new, they already have 65X4US QLED since last few years, may be launching upgraded model for it.

I have been waiting for "MI TV 5 Pro" launch ever since its china launch on Nov 2019 but there is no concrete news on MI QLED TV yet. I don't think Xiaomi has plans to launch QLED TV this year but they may launch OLED TV lineup this year.

TCL Pricing
The new TCL QLED TV ranges include the C715, C815, and X915 series. Most features are common across the different ranges, but the X915 is the most expensive because of its 8K screen at Rs. 2,99,990 for the single 75-inch variant. The C715 series is priced at Rs. 45,990 for the 50-inch variant, Rs. 55,990 for the 55-inch TV, and Rs. 79,990 for the 65-inch option. The C815 series is priced at Rs. 69,990 for the 55-inch TV, Rs. 99,990 for the 65-inch variant, and Rs. 1,49,990 for the 75-inch variant.

Specific pricing for the TCL P715 series which was launched earlier this month has also been revealed. The range started at Rs. 28,990 for the 43-inch variant, the 50-inch TV is priced at Rs. 34,990, the 55-inch is priced at Rs. 39,990, the 65-inch goes for Rs. 61,990, and the 75-inch TV is available for Rs. 99,990. The TVs are on sale now through Amazon and offline partners in India

@lightgamer - know of any forum or non forum folks who may have bought the one of these series?
Generally, forum members are biased against TCL/Mi/OnePlus products for good reason. TCL has an amazing portfolio of TVs, it's just that they only sell those in the US and India just gets the leftover garbage no one buys there. I don't know of anyone with these and I wouldn't advise these to even my worst enemies.

Generally, forum members are biased against TCL/Mi/OnePlus products for good reason. TCL has an amazing portfolio of TVs, it's just that they only sell those in the US and India just gets the leftover garbage no one buys there. I don't know of anyone with these and I wouldn't advise these to even my worst enemies.
You might be correct. USA has good customer policy. They can return any electronic item within 15 to 30 days with no question asked and even if the item has no issues. This item then is sold as Open box items or refurbished items. If it doesn't sell then it might landup in India. And we all know how things work in India.

You might be correct. USA has good customer policy. They can return any electronic item within 15 to 30 days with no question asked and even if the item has no issues. This item then is sold as Open box items or refurbished items. If it doesn't sell then it might landup in India. And we all know how things work in India.
There's also the difference in the review culture. US gets excellent TV reviewers while Indian TV reviewers are absolute trash who don't know what they're talking about. Stick QLED at the end of a 300 nit edge-lit TV and they consider it as high-end and premium.

Dont even get me started on my itch with shopping tech in India. :p Most of my tech is bought outside of India (you saw the home network) so my entire pursuit here is colored with "a bleh" feel.

I cant even justify buying the high end stuff of any BRAND here - forget TCL or SONY or LG OLED.
I just dont FEEL IT. I'd much rather shop there. I kinda feel cheated here :D given what I got used to there.

But currently, I need to make do with some low $$ compromises ala TCL/ HiSense/ and so on.

Ideally I'd have tried to get the HiSense ones chosen by StopTheFOMO

And I can imagine for folks whose perm base is here they dont think the way I do (US first) or shop the way I may.

Well for now the only Hands Free Voice Control - (outside of High end $$$ TVs) is in the P715 C715 and I might bend towards this as IPS Panel doesnt seem to be findable as well. (except the high end SONY one etc)

If at all this sounds like a positive - the same series were also launched same time in UK, EU, AU as well. So I think they may be turning some of their "focus this way" as well.

TCLs most previous range was Roku which is / was very US centric. I think the Android push will make some changes.

Mi is a great eco Mobile & Fitness tracker option for India/ Indians given the crazy prices of Garmin & high end trackers.

Last edited:
There's also the difference in the review culture. US gets excellent TV reviewers while Indian TV reviewers are absolute trash who don't know what they're talking about. Stick QLED at the end of a 300 nit edge-lit TV and they consider it as high-end and premium.
Not a single Indian review or reviewer I found as anything more than Hacks who wanted to be YouTubers for the followers and $$$
They are not really Review channels at all ... no depth of skill that they could or should copy from the established ones.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back