TCL UHD FHD HD TVs

ratheesh

tcl-logo.png

Founded in 1981, TCL Corporation, a global corporate group focused on the production of smart products and the provision of online application services. Since its inception TCL Corporation has since grown from a small local joint venture in China into a global corporation engaged in a wide range of businesses including telephones, TVs, mobile phones, refrigerators, washing machines, air-conditioners, smart health appliances and LCD panels, with a global presence in more than 160 countries and regions in the world.

TCL stands for The Creative Life, a slogan that represents its aspirations of building one of Chinas most innovative and trusted enterprises. The brand strengthens its footprint in the Asian region with its presence in the Indian market through this high decibel launch. TCL enjoys a brand value of US$ 10.9 billion, ranked seventh among Chinas Top 100 Brands in 2015. Backed by strong Research and Development teams, TCL is hopeful of carrying forward the same genesis of an innovative brand in India. TCL Corporation has 23 R&D centers with over 7,000 researchers and experts. By the end of 2015, TCL Corporation has accumulated 18,813 patent applications, 12,024 of them are invention patent applications. TCL ranked 4th among all Chinese enterprises in terms of accumulated patents applications and ranked 3rd in invention patent applications.

Current offerings in India:

FHD TVs:
C48P1FS
L39D2900
L40D2900
L49D2900
L49P10FS

HD TVs:
L32D2900

4k UHD TVs:
L43P2US
L55P1US
L65P1US

Latest addition (2017 with android TV):
L65C2US
L65P2MUS
L55P2MUS

Pump in your discussions regarding your experience with this brand here.

Disappointed with the launch there is no DolbyVision support on new addition TV's and also no 49" or 55" C2.

As of now only specific manufacturers partnered with Dolby Vision HDR. It's one of the multiple variation of HDR. Samsung too doesn't support DVHDR. They create their own HDR 10+. Getting proprietary technology might add to the cost and some cost cutting companies like TCL, Xiaomi who operate on bare minimum margins can't afford it. Instead they might adapt any other open source or industry standards to bring the cost down.

As of now only specific manufacturers partnered with Dolby Vision HDR. It's one of the multiple variation of HDR. Samsung too doesn't support DVHDR. They create their own HDR 10+. Getting proprietary technology might add to the cost and some cost cutting companies like TCL, Xiaomi who operate on bare minimum margins can't afford it. Instead they might adapt any other open source or industry standards to bring the cost down.

Same models from TCL in US supports DolbyVision P & C Series.

C Series 65" costs 1.10L I better put another 10k and get Lg49UJ752T which supports DolbyVision,HLG.

Last edited:
According to CNET, the TCL P series 2017 surpasses even the Samsung QLED in Picture quality and has got a higher pq score in their reviews !

I think the lineup in US is completely different from lineup in India. I checked with the TCL China lineup keeping 65 inch P2 4k Tv as standard. They do have a P2 series (L65P2-UD) along with P1 (L65P1-CUD) and P3 (65P3) series. Priced at P1 9999 Yuan, P2 at 8899 Yuan and P3 at 11199 Yuan. I can clearly see that the P2 version released here was the Chinese P2 version. TCL Pakistan too seems to be the same version.

Samsung created HDR10+ with someone and this is royalty free just like HDR10 is. Samsung wanted dynamic meta data like Dolby Vision, hence they created HDR10+. Since HDR10+ is royalty free any manufacturer can adopt it without any fees. Dolby Vision is great leagues ahead of HDR10, Hopefully HDR10+ can rival it.

Not sure for a one lac 65 inch 4K tv we should expect it to be the best in the world. But for someone who just wants a large screen TV - how does this compare to Vu or other brands?

After the LECO disaster people now are more concerned about the fact whether these companies will still be around in 2-3 yrs to service.

Also normally how does it work if say the company shuts shop? we got local repair folks who can tinker with these TVs?

I think the lineup in US is completely different from lineup in India. I checked with the TCL China lineup keeping 65 inch P2 4k Tv as standard. They do have a P2 series (L65P2-UD) along with P1 (L65P1-CUD) and P3 (65P3) series. Priced at P1 9999 Yuan, P2 at 8899 Yuan and P3 at 11199 Yuan. I can clearly see that the P2 version released here was the Chinese P2 version. TCL Pakistan too seems to be the same version.

I don't think the panel would b very different from the us model, it also has local dimming. I compared some videos on youtube about the us and this version and it does seem to be very similar. It makes no sense for them to sell a sub-standard panel in india at the price point.

I searched extensively yesterday even sent a question to TCL about the differences and have only seen micro dimming on indian versions not local dimming. It is not the same as full-array backlight like on us p607 but a software feature. I hope to be wrong though.

The new models C2 and P2 are the same models that are being sold in the US. The C2 has Harman Kardon speakers and WCG as extra features, both are android

this is reply i got when i asked for differences. still not sure as full array local dimming is a big thing and is no where mentioned on indian models.

It's a general behaviour of companies removing features when they release any item in India. We deserved only this. You need to pay for the brand or you get lesser of everything. Nothing in between.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

No these aren't the Models which are sold in the US these are from the European market these are edge lit whereas the US models have direct led and have fald with 128 zones and are Dolby vision certified

any reviews on the L65P2MUS please? at 75K seems like a good deal. It may not Dolby Vision - but I will mostly play 1080p videos and may be 4K from tata sky - is there anything big that "normal" folks might miss?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back