Will this work if NVidia graphics card installed?Try this in Windows for fun:
0. Close all applications
1. Press Windows key + R
2. Type in: devmgmt.msc
3. Expand the display adapters branch in the tree
4. Right click on your display adapter and disable your display driver
5. The screen might/will go blank. Do a hard reboot.
6. Windows will restart with the native Microsoft display adapter active with maybe a horrible screen resolution
7. Open your favorite media player and play music
8. Sounds better? Worse? Let us know.
To get back to your old screen resolution follow steps 1 thru 4 but this time enable the driver.