Teac CD-P1160D Vs costly options

sudhirbhosale

Hi all
Came across posting at website that new Teac P1160 available @ 4500/-
I want to know below information from expert FMs so that I can take right decision:
1 - What I would not get from this player (features, quality results etc.) compare to CD players like Marantz which are at 20K+
2 - any one did comparison of this player with any other players
3-How this is different than Teac CD-P1260?

Cheers !!

What features hi end CDP will provide against a lower end ? I have not noticed any significant features in CDP, its more to do with the quality of the CDP, which hi end CDP makes lot of difference.

Couple of days back I listened to NAD CDP and then changed only the CDP to a Sony, and there was a lot of difference in the SQ, and one can easily make out the difference.

So I think if you have a good system in place in terms of Amp , speakers etc, a poor transport can spoil the chain to a great extent.

Teac transports were known to be good ones. I do not know how well the transport this particular model fares. Teac's 1 bit DAC approach, however, was criticized in the past for distorting with louder recordings. Again, I am not sure what kind of DAC this player employs. Also consider if it plays FLAC and variable bit rate MP3 discs, besides audio CDs. If it does, and assuming that it has a good transport, then you can take its digital signal, feed it to an inexpensive but proven DAC such as Fiio Taishan, and get a neutral and authentic analogue signal to feed your amplifier with.

On further verification, it turns out that this model has a good transport, but employs a 1-bit DAC. It also cannot read any format other than CD, CD-R and CD-RW. Buy a regular DVD player along with an external DAC.

The Teac CD player that I have reads only CD, CD-R, and CD-RW. The Denon CD player that have reads CD, CD-R, CD-RW, and CDs containing MP3 files. The Denon CD players that have now come into the market can read all the above plus CDs containing FLAC, APE and Monkey Audio formats. FLAC playability, I think, is a very useful feature in audio CD players.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back