Teac CDP 1160, Any Good?

riteshmadhok

Hi guys, getting a brand new Teac CDP 1160 for a throw away price of Rs. 3000. My only cause of worry is how good is this brand, model and stuff. Does anyone use this model on the forum, Please Advise.:rolleyes:

Teac VRDS drive used to be the best in the business and high-end players like Wadia used to have them. It was miles ahead of drives from Pioneer, Sony etc commonly found in most CD players. (The one in my Ayre CDP is Pioneer.) I had even read that Wadia decided to stop manufacturing their CD players after Teac stopped supplying their VRDS drive. Even Mr. Charles Hansen of Ayre had acknowledged that he was driven to the Pioneer because he could not source the Teac VRDS.

I don't know what is inside this CDP1160 but if it is VRDS, it may last forever. It is not only built like a tank but is acclaimed as the most accurate CD drive ever.

Good luck.
murali

A dealer has one last piece from a dealer in Mumbai who had ordered it in bulk for some Co as gift and a few remained with him.

Teac is a good player. I am using TEAC model PD-380 ( as part of TEAC reference 385) for the last 2 years. Only issue is regarding MP3 playback, which is not detected sometimes.

Regards,

vjc

These players were on sale in Mumbai for Rs 2000/- a piece . I too was interested but the below mentioned post put me off.

http://www.hifivision.com/av-lounge/43493-anyone-mumbai-who-can-check-up.html?highlight=teac

If the players can be opened and checked and are in prefect condition even at 3k its not a bad deal.

Check the same thing - these may be the same players
BTW I have used and sold some 20 year old CDPs - Esp marantz which worh well
This is the issue with this model. and it may happen as it is NOT used as I had this model - sold to a nice gentleman 3-4 years back and he is still using it!

These players were on sale in Mumbai for Rs 2000/- a piece . I too was interested but the below mentioned post put me off.

http://www.hifivision.com/av-lounge/43493-anyone-mumbai-who-can-check-up.html?highlight=teac

If the players can be opened and checked and are in prefect condition even at 3k its not a bad deal.

I didn't go for the player after that discussion.
I am not sure if it was a case of saved money, or lost opportunity. I would however not sell such a player at that price if everything was fine.

I have a Teac CDP-650. Its pretty good. This must be even better.
Teac seems to be quite a reputable brand. And they are in the CDP business from a long time.
Go for it!!

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back