Technics sl d3 pitch changes

My Technics sl d3 has issues where pitch changes very often. I did not have this issue for a long time.

However, now 2 to 3 times between a song I'm forced to adjust. Looking for some expect advice.

You need to clean speed pots or change all Electrolyte caps in worst case. this is servo control DD motor, so changing electrolyte caps should help, if cleaning pots didn't.

Regards
Sachin

on the point of caps, i must mention, if one is used to studying Technics DD turntable service manuals, one would often find some caps listed as "replace with Technics authorized spares only". These are usually the caps used in the sensor feedback circuit to the IC AN630U. These are generally very high quality caps and are not likely to fail. The correct way to proceed is to use a capacitance meter cable of checking equivalent series resistance (ESR) before changing caps. From experience i have noticed that though a carpet cap replacement is simple and quick, you may be loosing out on some high quality caps with good burn in and significant life left in them.

on the point of caps, i must mention, if one is used to studying Technics DD turntable service manuals, one would often find some caps listed as "replace with Technics authorized spares only". These are usually the caps used in the sensor feedback circuit to the IC AN630U. These are generally very high quality caps and are not likely to fail. The correct way to proceed is to use a capacitance meter cable of checking equivalent series resistance (ESR) before changing caps. From experience i have noticed that though a carpet cap replacement is simple and quick, you may be loosing out on some high quality caps with good burn in and significant life left in them.
They may be very good 40 years back, but they are electrolyte and will need replacement at some point of time. There are better caps available now. I have had a same issue with my Sl D303 and Sp 12. Both are working fine after replacing all Electrolytes. There were only 13-14 caps.I have used high quality Nichicon rated for 105 degree and 5000 hrs.
PS: I measured them before replacing and almost all were way out of specs.

Regards
Sachin

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back