Telome speakrs

Marinerme

Hi ,

i like to know about this indian speakers Telome. for listning mainy music in 2.1 set up. can any body tel me more abut this Telome speakers .

Hi,

i like to know about this indian speakers Telome. for listning mainy music in 2.1 set up. can any body tel me more abut this Telome speakers .

What is the primary use of this system ? although you clearly mentioned music but the word 2.1 is giving it a meaning that it'll be for a casual listening and not some serious listening !! Am I correct ? is it for your PC ??

Anyways the Brand is owned and run by Husband and wife team ! they are based out in mumbai (which obviously you know),they use some of the drivers made by Indian Peerless and some by another local company called Audac Transducers !!

Their main product is the Bose knockoff,The exact replica of the famous Jewel Cube Sats and Sub from Bose ! they do have tower and such but are of ok type !

So I recon you are interested in the Sat/Sub combo of that !! they are average to good for the said casual listening,they have done some changes to the original Bose Design by implementing a 1/2" Dome Tweeter along with the 3" full range drivers ! so you do get some better sound then most other such Bose Knockoff's ! The Sub uses 4 6.5" driver and produces a decent base ( keeping the above mentioned criteria in mind ) !

So all in all for a casual listening it is although good but for money one is expected to pay for them and the subsequent cost involved in the partnering Amp if you add both then you'll get a better deal from other famous brands !

For Example (again going by the casual listening theory ) you can buy a Alteclansing acitve Sat/Sub for under 10K which much cheaper then Telome's Speakers and Amp put together ! also you can look at Audioengine A5 or such at slightly higher price which again is phenomenal product !

Hope this is enough info for you ;)!

Regards.

I need some information on the telome 5.1 package..(75w output)
I am getting an offer for 18k-20k with passive woofer and added 2k-3 if i choose a active one.
For A/V receiver I am looking for Onkyo 606/ Yamaha 495 as the HDMI 1.3a Audio decoding is a must for me..
That takes my budget to 56k.
Do you think that I should go with this combo?. I can extend my budget to 10k more.
Thanks in advance..

I need some information on the telome 5.1 package..(75w output)
I am getting an offer for 18k-20k with passive woofer and added 2k-3 if i choose a active one.
For A/V receiver I am looking for Onkyo 606/ Yamaha 495 as the HDMI 1.3a Audio decoding is a must for me..
That takes my budget to 56k.
Do you think that I should go with this combo?. I can extend my budget to 10k more.
Thanks in advance..

No Way ...............
A lot better option are available from Wharfadale ,Polk or JBL
@ max 30 K search for better options..........but not Telome

I think telome gives a good commission :mad::mad::mad:and that is why it is promoted heavily by AV resellers.....but remember it is based on Bose design which is itself faulty
Only 6.5 Inches speakers for Sub do not do any justice to bass .....a low priced JBL even has 8 inch speaker ....see if any package with 12 inchs sub is available!

I think you are right about the commission part, i have talked to 3 guys and all have tried to convince me that telomes are great performers. What i see on this forum is that they stand at the bottom of the list.
Maybe off the thread here, but here is the offer that i am getting in ascending order of price. Please help me in deciding!!
JBL SCS140BK - 14k
Telome 5.1(75w) - 18k
Denon - DHT390 - 25k
Polk RM705 - 25k
Jamo A102 - 30k
JBL SCS260BK - 34k
SKF4700 - (230W) SL107 - 38k
PureAcoustic 799 - 45k
QAcoustic 1010i - 54k
ELAC - 59k

As already mentioned my AVR would most probably be Onkyo606(37k), if not Yamaha 465(31k - Overpriced for now)

Thanks..

Last edited:
Hi,

I would look at the speakers recommended by soundsgreat (see, we don't have to always disagree ) over Telome.

Finally something to look forward to in the future aswell ;)!!

Only 6.5 Inches speakers for Sub do not do any justice to bass .....a low priced JBL even has 8 inch speaker ....see if any package with 12 inchs sub is available!

Hemant,please read my post again ;) ! its not a single 6.5" thats put to use ! I will not confuse or bore people with too techy stuff !! But you can take this info as a thumb rule !

Multiple small drivers performance is always better then a single big dia driver ! The reason is,in a big dia speaker the voice coil and the cone and such are designed for a certain parameter which it is intended to meet ! same goes to a small size dia driver !

So for example the JBL 8 " which you mention may have the capability to push X amount of Air,where as the 6.5" will push X minus lets say 25% (or if 8" is 100 the 6.5" will be 75 ) !!

Now this holds true if you have two different products where one uses a single 8" and the other uses a single 6.5" !! but if the a product uses multiple 6.5" what happens ? you do the simple math ;)!!

In the above example if you do the math, 4 numbers of 6.5" with a single unit capable of reproducing 75% of the 8" will obviously push more Air then a single 8" doesn't it ??

Now coming to the query by jayad, See in the list that you've put my personal suggestions is as follows,choice in the order as they appear !

1)ELAC - 59k ( 50 series I presume )
2)SKF4700 - (230W) SL107 - 38k (Sl 107 is the weakest link )
3)QAcoustic 1010i - 54k (overall balanced for movies but not for music)
4)PureAcoustic 799 - 45k (same as above but bit more aggressive or forward sound )

As with the AVR I'd personally say 465 as it sounds a tad bit better for music then Onkyo !

Regards.

Last edited:
thanks a lot..
just a quick question..
What do u suggest for a 30-40k budget for a 5.1 that goes well with the 465 or 606?
also anything in polk/warf that i can get in that?
thanks in advance..

Hi,

Jayad Am not sure bout the Polk ! but in Wharf you can get Movie Star 70+ at 30K and Diamond 8.4 with WH Series Center Surround along with PC10 Sub at 40 or a little over it ;)!

Hope this helps you ;) !

Regards.

Thank you guys..
I am going to do some more searching on this forum before I make my decision. I am planning to get the AVR/5.1 this weekend..

Thanks again..
Jayad

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back