The Best Indian AV Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash147

Hi All

Pls pardon me for posting this thread in this categeory as I wanted all the members whom I hv interacted with since I joined should read it.
I'm very skeptical of becoming a member of any kinda online forum.It is so 'cause I've heard fm a lot of my frnds about them receiving spam mails after becoming a member of some or the other online forums.And after becoming a member of this forum my perception has changed a lot.A lot means a lot.This is truly a great forum wherein a each n every member chips in to help each other with sensible advice.I find a number of AV gurus here and a colongmerate of such brainy stuff is difficult to find anywhere else.I wish to thank some of the gurus like Magma,Srikarkav,Psychotropic,Moserw,Hemantwaghe,Marsilians,Spirovious,Reju,Suprateep who have patentialy read and replied to my queries to my full satisfaction.The above mentioned names have become household names and it feels that I have known them since a long time.Guys I will be around all the time snooping ur threads and quitely gaining from your experiences and advice,though I might not be posting each time.This form has become an addition for me.It would be nice if u all can share ur real names.Congrats to the forum Administrator for launching this forum which is aptly suited for Indian conditions.Congrats to the moderator of this forum.Keep up the good job...
:clapping:
regards
Shailendra

Well Shailendra most of us were noobs and have in fact learned a lot ourselves from this forum, at least I can say that is the case with me. I'm just sharing what I've learned and glad its helping someone especially even more if it prevents them from making some of the mistakes I've made in my AV journey.

My name is Rajiv and I'm technically from Hyderabad but travel all over.

Your thread title somehow reminded me of the Mad magazine's blurb 'No.1 in the field of one' :D. Seriously speaking, this is a real nice place with mostly nice people and a lot of information and knowledge, specifically in the Indian context. Though if you're not careful, it could become a bit of addiction which in turn might burn a hole in your pocket. ;)

Oh My! I have never seen this thread till today. My name in the list of gurus!!! That will be the day! Thanks for acknowledging whatever little help i may have done ash. But i can never be called a guru! We are all here to gain from others gyan and experience. Thats that.

BTW I am Sridhar.

cheers,
sri

Last edited:
Oh My! I have never seen this thread till today. My name in the list of gurus!!! That will be the day! Thanks for acknowledging whatever little help i may have done ash. But i can never be called a guru! We are all here to gain from others gyan and experience. Thats that.

cheers,
sri

I hadn't seen this thread until now. Thanks for your kind words and glad to have been of help. I am happy to share my knowledge as much as I get from others on this forum. I am not a guru or an audiophile. From the posts it appears that there is a core group of about 10 or so who keep this forum going. Kudos to them and happy to be part of this.

thank you for the kind words. I can safely say that I have taken far far more from these forums than whatever little i might have given.

There is one name you missed, and that is venkatcr.

I second that the forum is absolutely addictive. Cant do without my daily dose.

I have learned a lot myself and in the process burned a big hole in the pocket, but I am not complaining at all. It's money well spent. I only wish I had spared this money earlier and enjoyed the benefits for longer.

Thanks to all the gurus once again.

BTW I am Vijay from Delhi.

yeah,definitely a world class forum,unlike many others on the net,and that too here in india.huge knowledge base,and everyone willin to help at the drop of a 'line'...heh.very humbling.may our av horizons keep ever expanding.cheers to all.dr kannan

Friends,
This forum is very wonderful and useful.It is useful to a layman like me in audio and video equipments.I take this oppurtunity to thank friends like venkatcr,flanker.r,mukundan,muthusami who have suggested valuable inputs regarding my enquiries and doubts.I once again thank our good friends.
Sincerely,
Senthilnathan

I feel honoured when I saw my name here..and I seriously feel I do not deserve it.....
In fact it is ideed my honour and pleasure to be part of tis forum....
Thanks a million what more can be said

It has just been over three weeks and i have never been addicted to the net as much as i have before because of this forum. Am really happy to see so many Indians being aware of Home Entertainment as they do in this forum. Before this i had to be content being a member of few foreign forums at times passive.
Infact adder and i were having a conflict of views in another thread when i just saw this thread. I think he took my views to heart. :D

I believe this is the one and only forum, where you find all the info u want , with experts in all kinds and varieties of audio equipment available.

I Still remember the old days when i joined this forum way back in April 07, there was not much activity and it was slow. Over the years it has gone in leaps and bounds and as of today i can say it is one of the best and top most AV forum in India.

Credit must go to the senior members and others who have really contributed a lot here in helping others gain knowledge and making the right decision with respect to their AV needs

Last edited:
This is indeed an addictive website. Two things I do everyday is 1. Take bath ( yes i do ) and 2. log on to hifivision. Lots of information from many people across the country and interesting threads like the " Right now I am listening to"
I even Purchased my Hi fi system through this site and learn t a lot from senior Members.

Thanks for the moderator and for all the helpful members over there.
David.

...Two things I do everyday is 1. Take bath ( yes i do ) and 2. log on to hifivision.

LOL. Looks like you are heavily addicted David! You might want to consider this. :)

hi%20tech%20bath%20tub%20with%20tv%20and%20mp3%20player.jpg

This is a really addictive and informative forum. I almost everyday don't forget to log in to this wonderful forum. The care and seriousness the seniors and experts in this forum shows to any question are really phenomenal. There is a group of coveted experts who are very regular and drive this forum. Thanks to all of them. Out of them I like to name Asit. He is a rare blend of musician himself and also audio expert (especially amps). There is also another very active and knowledgeable guy Cranky. And if I forget the name of Venkatcr, god will not forgive me. His posts are worth reading always.

Whatever I learned regarding Audio is all from this forum and in only 4-5 moths time. Also, I came across some members face to face like Sridhar (Odyssey), Prithvi (Absolute Phase), Viren and my experience is really cherishable. I like to meet other guys specially Venkatcr, Asit, Dinyar, Cranky, Magma... so on. They all are already like my very known and close friends by reading their posts and I have visualised their portraits in my mind.

Thank you HiFiVision, its moderator and its beautiful members.

I know this is being discussed on another thread. Anyone up for a quick get together during later part of Dec. I am OK to meet upto Rajasthan in North and Kolkata in East and Mumbai in West. South is where I live. I say give ourselves 2-3 days for auditions and some music xchanges.

Please let me know about your trip in Mumbai.

Vinay.

I know this is being discussed on another thread. Anyone up for a quick get together during later part of Dec. I am OK to meet upto Rajasthan in North and Kolkata in East and Mumbai in West. South is where I live. I say give ourselves 2-3 days for auditions and some music xchanges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back