The Best VPN for viewing geo restricted content on netflix etc

Tried windscribe to watch US TV shows and it works well on android tv. Has a $2 plan for US p.m. but does not allow multiple devices. Any good alternative for multiple users/device at that price? Not sure if Smart dns proxy allows that.

Smart dns proxy does not have limit on number of devices.
No Free trial for India, so just want to know your opinion, just want to switch between US/ BBC UK and some Australian content. How is the streaming performance and approx speed you get? Any info appreciated. It costs $42 for 2 years, so thinking of sharing it, if it supports multi location streaming.

I am using it to watch most of the UK apps. It works really well. There is no speed drop. There are a few shows in BBC iPlayer with HLG HDR. It works fine without any issues. It is $42 for 36 months as well. If you don't see this plan, chat with them and ask them to give the offer. If you share it with some one, they wouldn't be able to use DNS based service as you would need to register your IP with them for their DNS services to work. However, they could use the VPN service at the same time. Only problem is, VPN slows your network down. Also, VPN sometimes doesn't work with Netflix USA region. DNS works very well without any issues.

I am using it to watch most of the UK apps. It works really well. There is no speed drop. There are a few shows in BBC iPlayer with HLG HDR. It works fine without any issues. It is $42 for 36 months as well. If you don't see this plan, chat with them and ask them to give the offer. If you share it with some one, they wouldn't be able to use DNS based service as you would need to register your IP with them for their DNS services to work. However, they could use the VPN service at the same time. Only problem is, VPN slows your network down. Also, VPN sometimes doesn't work with Netflix USA region. DNS works very well without any issues.
Thanks, that was helpful.

Express VPN didnt work for me, but they are very good with their customer service. Replied and fixed it within a few hours.

Express VPN didnt work for me, but they are very good with their customer service. Replied and fixed it within a few hours.
Are you using Express VPN still? Whether drop in internet speed noticed? or the paid version allows full
internet speed subscribed

Are you using Express VPN still? Whether drop in internet speed noticed? or the paid version allows full
internet speed subscribed
haven't used a VPN for a while, but express worked. I was using the paid version and didn't notice a big drop in speed although i only used it for specific websites and not all the time. It didn't work with Hulu in the beginning and then I had to play around with it and msg them and they fixed it.

Does using vpn after Netflix account registration change content? I am confused.

I thought to view USA content for eg we have to create account using USA server. Let me know if I'm missing something...

Does using vpn after Netflix account registration change content? I am confused.

I thought to view USA content for eg we have to create account using USA server. Let me know if I'm missing something...
After logging into US server you have to log out of Netflix and login again. This gives you the US content in Netflix. However this does not worrk for Prime.

After logging into US server you have to log out of Netflix and login again. This gives you the US content in Netflix. However this does not worrk for Prime.

Ok so after logging in again with US Server / VPN can I turn off the VPN and still get the content or do I need to continue using VPN ?

Also is there a way to confirm if the US content is now available after above steps?

Ok so after logging in again with US Server / VPN can I turn off the VPN and still get the content or do I need to continue using VPN ?

Also is there a way to confirm if the US content is now available after above steps?
I have a PIA VPN and if I turn off the VPN after logging to US server, it does not work. It might be different for you and you can try it. Mostly you can see the "US top ten on Netflix" listing and that way you can make sure you are in the Netflix US.

I have a PIA VPN and if I turn off the VPN after logging to US server, it does not work. It might be different for you and you can try it. Mostly you can see the "US top ten on Netflix" listing and that way you can make sure you are in the Netflix US.

Ok thanks, mathan. Will check out.

You don't have to create a Netflix account per region; during the login, Netflix will evaluate the location of your Ip and then reroute you to the corresponding geographic area.

Edit:-
Additional read.

Last edited:
For android TV, checkout Streamlocator. I have recently started using it with Shield TV Pro, and experience has been quite good. Netflix & Hulu works like charm.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back