The biggest lie in home audio is...

Holier than thou ? :)

Is that why among the many mods.. You are tweaking your Amp now. ? :eek:

:cool:

So it was something that you wanted to improve in your Amp that caused you to take up the modification ?

Or were you not enjoying the music enough dear music lover ??

My amp is sounding awesome and i am checking out the possibility of making it even more better by trying to eliminate that little bit of thermal and current noise (if any) and check if it matters to me. Others would have bought a new amplifier costing 3 times more and justified the purchase. The main reason to do this mods are i have the time and budget to do them and all the mods done in the past 3 months have benefited me positively without burning a hole in my pocket.:)

The present mods i am planning with the resistor changes will be costing me around 1200/- bucks and i am sure, no amp would have ever been built only with wire wound resistors (diy) due to the high cost involved and difficulty in getting the parts as they need to be custom made.

That falls in the audiophile category.

Rest all is subjective / relative including the money spent

The biggest lie in home audio is not admitting to being an audiophile and to ridicule others for spending their money.

It's better to be an unapologetic audiophile than an apologetic music lover

Anyways. So you consider me to be an Audiophile. Good.

Upgrading an amp is justifiable and not ridiculed. So is modifying my current amp if i have the skills, time and budget. Both are one and the same.

My amp is sounding awesome and i am checking out the possibility of making it even more better by trying to eliminate that little bit of thermal and current noise (if any) and check if it matters to me. Others would have bought a new amplifier costing 3 times more and justified the purchase. The main reason to do this mods are i have the time and budget to do them and all the mods done in the past 3 months have benefited me positively without burning a hole in my pocket.:)

The present mods i am planning with the resistor changes will be costing me around 1200/- bucks and i am sure, no amp would have ever been built only with wire wound resistors (diy) due to the high cost involved and difficulty in getting the parts as they need to be custom made.
You are an audiophile regardless if you are a member of an audio forum and are always looking to improve your audio setup. That is the dictionary definition of the word. The word has been hijacked too many times in negative conversations, that's all.:);)

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back